Digital Devices Octopus Net Network TV-Tuner (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, so if i choose to use mediaportal, it's better to use a internal TV tuner than the network based?
    For now if you want to use MediaPortal it is better to use a tuner which is not a SAT>IP tuner, yes. This should be clear from the wiki already:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._System/01_Supported_TV_Cards#Supported_Cards

The OctopusNet does not meet any of those criteria.

There are other DVB-C and DVB-T networked tuners with BDA drivers (eg. HDHomeRun) that you could use without problem.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, so if i choose to use mediaportal, it's better to use a internal TV tuner than the network based?
    For now if you want to use MediaPortal it is better to use a tuner which is not a SAT>IP tuner, yes. This should be clear from the wiki already:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._System/01_Supported_TV_Cards#Supported_Cards

The OctopusNet does not meet any of those criteria.

There are other DVB-C and DVB-T networked tuners with BDA drivers (eg. HDHomeRun) that you could use without problem.
    if you want help you on the sat>ip section let it me know
    i will help so good i can

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Has this come any further? Any chance that there will be DVB>IP in mediaportal 1?

Regards
    Jacob

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is in the latest mp2 native tv release :)
    MP1: the problem is that the tv plugin is probably broken at the moment oO

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi FreakyJ,

Thanks for your reply!

Is it possible to use the MP1 client with the MP2 tvserver?

MP1 tvplugin broken? What does that mean? Can it be fixed?

Regards
    Jacob

MightyDetail

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2012
    Kamen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This would be awesome. I don't like MP2 at the moment. It is laggy and not nice to configure. I've installed the MP2 Native TV Server and it finds the Octopus Net as TV Cards and can scan it like an internal Tuner, really great. I wish the MP1 Server would do it like that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No.

MP1 tvplugin broken? What does that mean?
    It means that the MP1 TV plugin that is developed to communicate with the "MP2 tvserver" (Native TV, TVE 3.5) is not complete/working.

Can it be fixed?
    Yes, but currently since I am pretty much the only developer working on these things it could take a long time.

This would be awesome.
    Sorry but it can't be done at the moment.

I don't like MP2 at the moment. It is laggy and not nice to configure.
    When was the last time you tried it?
    I hope you've provided feedback to @morpheus_xx so that improvements can be made. These sorts of things don't just get fixed automatically. ;)

I've installed the MP2 Native TV Server and it finds the Octopus Net as TV Cards and can scan it like an internal Tuner, really great. I wish the MP1 Server would do it like that.
    I'm glad you like it... but I have no intention to port the SAT>IP code back to TVE 3 (MP1 TV Server).

MightyDetail

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2012
    Kamen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the update.
    For me it would be enough to let MP1 communicate with MP2 TV Server. Ok, at the moment there is no working TV Movie plugin, but I could live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread