Digital TV recievers (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I can't get my digital usb reciever to work with MP and I guess it is not yet supported. Can we expect that to be implemented in a near future if at all?

A

Anonymous

Hi Samsonite,
At the present time, the dev's are working hard to bring MediaPortal to version 1. As the difficulties of supporting numerous cards have surfaced, the present thrust will be toward firming up a release with support for Hardware encoding cards [analog], as this is the most stable recording/timeshifting device currently available for a variety of systems. After V1 hits the desktop, then assuredly digital and software encoding devices will be the next thrust for development, and that's where you come in. Be patient but ready to give the dev's some help in getting your device to work, and others will benefit from the experience.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    support Digital cards is on my list 2.
    Problem is that i cannot really develop it
    since i dont got a digital card, receiver and/or dish...
    Frodo

A

Anonymous

I understand and was not expecting it to be supported at this point. I wanted to raise the issue since I would not buy a analoge card since the broadcasts will be turned off in 2 years. I have looked arount to see who supports my hardware and not many do yet.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    actually i think i found a way to easily add support for
    - digital tv cards (DVB-S / DVB-T/ ...)
    - SW encoding cards (without an onboard HW mpeg2 encoder)

stay tuned

A

Anonymous

frodo said:
    actually i think i found a way to easily add support for
    - digital tv cards (DVB-S / DVB-T/ ...)
    - SW encoding cards (without an onboard HW mpeg2 encoder)

stay tuned

Really good news, staying tuned :)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    lock me in for that too....im getting the DVICO DVB-T Digital Tuner (for Australia) :

http://www.dvico.com/products_dvbt.html

The reason i am waiting till this is available instead of buying any other HDTV tuner card is that it has both a Digital tuner (for free-to-air digital TV) and analogue video inputs(s-video and composite, and audio-in jack).

The HDTV part of the card uses the "Conexant CX23881 Decoder - LG DVB-T Tunner". It gets a normal tv antenna signal.

The analogue part is just a clean video-in....like from a VCR or xbox/game console (i guess this would already be supported since its just a normal analogue signal).

I found the "Lite" version (no analogue part...just digital)in the shops here today for the first time...unfortunetly they didnt have the "FULL" version...and didnt know when it would come it...so im still waiting for that :)

When it's in....im definitely wanting MP to support it....so i'll lend a hand to any1 who wants to add digital tuner support to MP!!!!!!!!

SiLenTYL

A

Anonymous

SiLenTYL said:
    When it's in....im definitely wanting MP to support it....so i'll lend a hand to any1 who wants to add digital tuner support to MP!!!!!!!!

Heck, I would eaven put out in order to get support for it :shock:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    WHOO HOO! i got my DVICO DVB-T tuner (with analogue s-video+composite inputs) today!!

I have the digital tuner working in the supplied Fusion HDTV program..but there is no support yet for this in MP. This app records in .tp files. I have Moonlight's HDTV MPEG demultiplexor/directshow filter/decoder..but seems that recorded files dont like playing in WMP9 for some reason. They can easily be converted to dvd/vcd/svcd/divx/xvid tho.... :)

As for the analogue part....both s-video and composite give me a sliced up picture in the provided app..(not quite sure why) and so i see the same picture in MP...so it does work in MP(sort of). Audio works great too. Recording for analogue works too(to dvd/vcd/svcd/divx/xvid )

This is such a great card with both digital and analogue...especially since i have only 1 PCI slot in my MSI MEGA.

Users who are viewing this thread