Disable Trakt in Standard Home Menu (1 Viewer)

xadox

Portal Pro
August 18, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is there a way to disable the Trakt Button only in the BasicMenu.
Because I want to use Trakt but I do not neet ii in the Home Menu.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Disable Trakt in BasicHome Menu

Hi xadox, I'm a little confused on what you are asking. Do you mean you want to get rid of it from standard home and basic home?

To remove from basic home you need to use your skins basic home editor if it has one. You can remove trakt from standard home by configuring it to display in My Plugins...this can be done by right clicking on plugin in configuration.

If that is not what you were asking then perhaps you can attach some pictures to better describe.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Disable Trakt in BasicHome Menu

I only what do disable the visibility of the trakt plugin button in the main menu.
    I have already put the trakt visibility in the MyPlugins but it still shows in the main menu.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Your profile says you are using DefaultWide skin, trakt does not appear in BasicHome of this skin so im not sure where you are referring to.

Sorry, but you will need to attach a picture. You can press F11 to take screenshots while in MediaPortal.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Disable Trakt in BasicHome Menu

I want to disable the Trakt button in the main menu.

Attachments

• MainMenu.png
      MainMenu.png
      510.5 KB
    • Skin.PNG
      Skin.PNG
      110.5 KB
    • TraktConfig.PNG
      TraktConfig.PNG
      88.9 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Ok, so we are talking about Standard Home, not BasicHome. Will update your title in the thread ;)

This looks like a bug in MediaPortal if it's both in Standard Home and My Plugins menu at the same time and only My Plugins is enabled. Instead of using those two buttons in configuration, use the Context Menu options...try one and press OK to save it to MediaPortal configuration then try the other and make sure it works. Perhaps MediaPortal did not save it properly for some reason.

Attachments

• Config.jpg
      Config.jpg
      72.8 KB

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Disable Trakt in Standard Home Menu

I already used the context menu and the button on the bottom line. No change.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, well there is nothing we can do from the plugin to fix this...seems your MediaPortal configuration is bit screwed.

Try this:

1. Edit MediaPortal.xml from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\
    2. Search for <section name="home">
    3. Find Trakt entry: <entry name="Trakt">yes</entry>
    4. Set value to no.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'll give it a try later today.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That also did not work.

If I display also "My Plugins" and put "Trakt" in there it works.
    But I have disabled "My Plugins" and the "Trakt" automaticly gets to the Home screen somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread