Discontinuities break recordings (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    - What I did change in the time from were recordings got weird were my routers and repeaters. But as the server is recording onto local ssd this shouldn‘t be a problem? All other network devices are working fine. But I am recording to a network folder onto my server (e.g. //server/recordings/). Maybe I should change this to „C:/recordings“? Could this be helpful to try to exclude network stuff from possible problems?

Yes...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Country flag
    Now it starts to get weird: two test recordings of each around 3 hours went well with recordings folder set to C:\Recordings and the usage of the adjustable damper. But: if I watch these rcordings and jump forward the timing is wrong; it roughly doubles the jump time. If I use +1hour it jumps 2 hours forward. Havent had the chance to collect logs. Would this be helpful at all?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Country flag
    Ok, this jumping error was related to @Sebastiii's fix in Area51 related to Win10-Black Screen. So Problem ruled out. But today I had the Problems again. So it is definately not signal related. I now try @mm1352000 TVE3.5 test to see if this brings any advantage. After that I will try to wipe complete TVE-Install and start from scratch. If problems then still exist I guess I have to buy a new TV-Card...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Country flag
    TVE3.5 running for two hours now without any flaw...letting it run now for a few hours...could be coincidence too

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Country flag
    Same discontinuities with TVE3.5. Full logs attached, in case anyone is still reading ;-)

Get a lots of "2018-03-10 14:25:49.114 recorder: PID 5119 unsignaled discontinuity, value = 0, previous = 9, expected = 10, count = 908, signal quality, descrambling, or HDD load problem?"

This logs suggests Problems I think I ruled out...

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_10_03_18__14_24.zip
      4.2 MB · Views: 41
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from hibernation. From the Windows 7 desktop, I pressed the START button on the remote control to start MP 1.25f. On the MP splash screen, the "Starting TV Server" text appeared unexpectedly. After a long wait...
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
    Replies
    Views
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi all, I haven’t had a good look into this yet but I have a suspicion of what’s going on so I thought I would I'll describe here to see if anyone else has had this experience. I think its a bit of an obscure case, but basically a few days ago the HD on which I save my TV recordings had a meltdown (physical drive problems). I...
    Hi all, I haven’t had a good look into this yet but I have a suspicion of what’s going on so I thought I would I'll describe here...
    Hi all, I haven’t had a good look into this yet but I have a suspicion of what’s going on so I thought I would I'll describe here...
    Replies
    Views
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen it more rarely than OP... i'll try some more testing using DRR, i usually switch between 50Hz p, for 25fps (dvb-t FTA ) content to 23.976 Hz for 23.976fps content, then back to 50Hz...
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen...
    I fully realize that this is probably not the correct place, or a correct bugreport, but since a while (maybe a month?) I have some...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom