Discontinuities break recordings (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    - What I did change in the time from were recordings got weird were my routers and repeaters. But as the server is recording onto local ssd this shouldn‘t be a problem? All other network devices are working fine. But I am recording to a network folder onto my server (e.g. //server/recordings/). Maybe I should change this to „C:/recordings“? Could this be helpful to try to exclude network stuff from possible problems?

Yes...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Now it starts to get weird: two test recordings of each around 3 hours went well with recordings folder set to C:\Recordings and the usage of the adjustable damper. But: if I watch these rcordings and jump forward the timing is wrong; it roughly doubles the jump time. If I use +1hour it jumps 2 hours forward. Havent had the chance to collect logs. Would this be helpful at all?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Ok, this jumping error was related to @Sebastiii's fix in Area51 related to Win10-Black Screen. So Problem ruled out. But today I had the Problems again. So it is definately not signal related. I now try @mm1352000 TVE3.5 test to see if this brings any advantage. After that I will try to wipe complete TVE-Install and start from scratch. If problems then still exist I guess I have to buy a new TV-Card...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    TVE3.5 running for two hours now without any flaw...letting it run now for a few hours...could be coincidence too

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Same discontinuities with TVE3.5. Full logs attached, in case anyone is still reading ;-)

Get a lots of "2018-03-10 14:25:49.114 recorder: PID 5119 unsignaled discontinuity, value = 0, previous = 9, expected = 10, count = 908, signal quality, descrambling, or HDD load problem?"

This logs suggests Problems I think I ruled out...

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_10_03_18__14_24.zip
      4.2 MB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom