Lead Dev MP2
- March 24, 2007
I see. Probably we would need a combination of:In MP1, DVB subtitle decoding and rendering is handled in the graph (DVB sub filter). SetSubtitleStream() simply selects the PID which is passed to the DVB subs filter. However, teletext subtitle [and page] decoding and overlay is handled in the player. SetSubtitleStream() could select which teletext PID to pass back to the player (most or all channels have 0 or 1 teletext stream, so I don't understand the point)...??? ...but where will the teletext be decoded for rendering?
- Full support of IAMStreamSelect to expose available streams and allow user selection
- Output of selected stream types to a subtitle "decode filter"
- DvbSub3 to handle also teletext decoding, same way as for DVB. The filter input pin would need to handle more media(sub)types than now
- A new filter could be developed (more complicated to handle; additional TsReader output pin, graph building etc..)
- (A callback interface in TsReader itself)
- Handling of subtitle callbacks from DvbSub3.ax is already implemented in C# side.
IMO also this decoding could be done by one of the existing filters, which then do callbacks with decoded data to C# side.
I didn't use Teletext on TV sinces years. And in MP1 it also was one of the code parts which lead to many crashes once you used it. Besides that I think it's still useful for some users, so I think MP2 should have support for it as well.I'm interested in this topic because I was assuming I would need to reimplement teletext page decoding in the TVE 3.5 plugin for MP1, but if the player design changes then I will need to know what to do. Also, I'm wondering if and how you will implement teletext page viewing in MP2...