Discussion: Find and Download Subtitles (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I did check the problem a bit more already:
    If any condition is true, the filter should see itself as "Need auto load".

But this doesn't work: either there is another execution path chosen if the filter is manually added to graph or another thing is wrong. To check my idea about "auto load" I have removed the manual adding of filter and hoped it will auto load. Well, it doesn't.

So for me the issue about missing external subs is a kind of incompatibility of our built graph and the logic inside xy-VSFilter.

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Now I'm starting to understand this... as the xy-VsFilter is already integrated in MP2 it should be able find, load and play external files.
    I also did a quick test with the MPC-Player. I disabled the inbuilt auto-load subtitles option. Then I played a file with external subs. The filter was able to find and load the subs. Attached a screenshot after right clicking on the xy-VsFilter icon in tray. The second screenshot is while playing the same video within MP2. Here the filter could not find the subs... same result as you.

EDIT:
    Another thing. Playing the video in MPC, by clicking the DirectVobSub context menu entry I can go to the xy-VSFilter settings (see screenshot). Playing the video in MP2, I can't access it. After clicking on the xy-VSFilter context menu entry nothing happens.

Attachments

Last edited:

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Any new findings about this issue? Maybe a directshow expert could help here? Are they any here after the two gurus retired? :cautious:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    @morpheus_xx
    I'm debugging this issue a little. It seems there are two filters in VSFilter.dll:
    One with auto loading: 9852A670-F845-491b-9BE6-EBD841B8A613
    and one without: 93A22E7A-5091-45ef-BA61-6DA26156A5D0

VideoPlayer seems to load the one without auto loading. I tried to change the GUID but now the client crashes when I start playback.
    Any thoughts?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    @morpheus_xx
    I succeeded in loading and displaying an external subtitle.

First I load the auto loading version of the filter: 9852A670-F845-491b-9BE6-EBD841B8A613
    Next I added the VobSubFilter to the graph after I added the DotNetStreamSourceFilter. The reason is that when the VobSubFilter is auto loading it searches the graph for a filter that knows the media path. Only the DotNetStreamSourceFilter knows this path, so the auto loading will fail because it was not added yet.
    Now the subtitle will render as expected.

Another solution could be to use the SetSubtitle or AddSubStream methods of the VobSubFilter to add the subtitle after the filter was loaded. This I have not tried, so I don't know if this will work.

A word of caution: I have an arabic encoded subtitle (not UTF8) which crashed the filter (and MediaPortal). It seems any file it thinks is a subtitle that is not using the default charset of the OS will crash it.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Great! Thanks a lot!

Can you create a branch for this change? We also can check for update binaries and see if crash is gone then.

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Thank you very, very much!! Please, let me know when you create a branch with you changes, I would like to test it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M General TVE 3.5 VS2019 - build discussion TV Engine 50
    ge2301 Discussion Thread Nereus 11
    ge2301 MP2.2 Pre-Release Discussions General 28
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    W Not finding/matching new series - thetvdb issue? My TVSeries 3
    morpheus_xx [Help Me!] Where can I find source code for MPUrlSourceSplitter? Developer Discussions 3
    F [solved] Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service after upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 General 2
    joecrow [solved] Can't find Series (Animals with Cameras) My TVSeries 4
    Jean-Christophe MP 2.2 - Where can I find Movies NOT imported (and why??) ? General 13
    Terra [solved] MP TV Server cannot find any channels anymore, DVB viewer works Installation, configuration support 8
    N [fixed] Where do I find radio programmes I have recorded MediaPortal 2 1
    P Mediaportal 2 client can't find TV server General 3
    O [solved] Cannot find TV DVB-T2 channels (TBS-6281SE) Newcomers Forum 7
    D Downloading EPG XML file: Installation, configuration support 0
    vuego themoviedb.org - Covers downloaded in the wrong language Moving Pictures 8
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    caveman [solved] Cannot download new version My TVSeries 5
    D [solved] Movie artwork download stopped working Submit: Bug Reports 9
    S myemulators kein download mehr Plugins & Erweiterungen 0
    Mainhattan Olli [solved] Download MP 2.2.3 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    F EPG Buddy download Plugins & Erweiterungen 1
    high [Evaluate] MP Extension Manager can't download HTTPS links MediaPortal 1 38
    S Tote Download Links bei den Plugins Plugins & Erweiterungen 3
    N Skins to download separately MediaPortal 1 Talk 5
    G Splash screen option pack does not download. StreamedMP 8