Discussion: Find and Download Subtitles (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did check the problem a bit more already:
    If any condition is true, the filter should see itself as "Need auto load".

But this doesn't work: either there is another execution path chosen if the filter is manually added to graph or another thing is wrong. To check my idea about "auto load" I have removed the manual adding of filter and hoped it will auto load. Well, it doesn't.

So for me the issue about missing external subs is a kind of incompatibility of our built graph and the logic inside xy-VSFilter.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Now I'm starting to understand this... as the xy-VsFilter is already integrated in MP2 it should be able find, load and play external files.
    I also did a quick test with the MPC-Player. I disabled the inbuilt auto-load subtitles option. Then I played a file with external subs. The filter was able to find and load the subs. Attached a screenshot after right clicking on the xy-VsFilter icon in tray. The second screenshot is while playing the same video within MP2. Here the filter could not find the subs... same result as you.

EDIT:
    Another thing. Playing the video in MPC, by clicking the DirectVobSub context menu entry I can go to the xy-VSFilter settings (see screenshot). Playing the video in MP2, I can't access it. After clicking on the xy-VSFilter context menu entry nothing happens.

Attachments

• mp2_external_subs.png
      mp2_external_subs.png
      8.8 KB
    • mpc_external_subs.png
      mpc_external_subs.png
      16.3 KB
    • xy-VsFilter.png
      xy-VsFilter.png
      12.1 KB
    Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Any new findings about this issue? Maybe a directshow expert could help here? Are they any here after the two gurus retired? :cautious:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @morpheus_xx
    I'm debugging this issue a little. It seems there are two filters in VSFilter.dll:
    One with auto loading: 9852A670-F845-491b-9BE6-EBD841B8A613
    and one without: 93A22E7A-5091-45ef-BA61-6DA26156A5D0

VideoPlayer seems to load the one without auto loading. I tried to change the GUID but now the client crashes when I start playback.
    Any thoughts?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @morpheus_xx
    I succeeded in loading and displaying an external subtitle.

First I load the auto loading version of the filter: 9852A670-F845-491b-9BE6-EBD841B8A613
    Next I added the VobSubFilter to the graph after I added the DotNetStreamSourceFilter. The reason is that when the VobSubFilter is auto loading it searches the graph for a filter that knows the media path. Only the DotNetStreamSourceFilter knows this path, so the auto loading will fail because it was not added yet.
    Now the subtitle will render as expected.

Another solution could be to use the SetSubtitle or AddSubStream methods of the VobSubFilter to add the subtitle after the filter was loaded. This I have not tried, so I don't know if this will work.

A word of caution: I have an arabic encoded subtitle (not UTF8) which crashed the filter (and MediaPortal). It seems any file it thinks is a subtitle that is not using the default charset of the OS will crash it.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great! Thanks a lot!

Can you create a branch for this change? We also can check for update binaries and see if crash is gone then.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Thank you very, very much!! Please, let me know when you create a branch with you changes, I would like to test it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom