Discussion: Find and Download Subtitles (1 Viewer)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Here are my test results:
    - if I play a video with multiple external subs, its not possible to switch between this files (languages).
    - if I play a video which has embedded subs and external subs, then its possible to switch (in the CC Menu) from the default loaded (in my test it was the external one) to the embedded subs.
    - once you do the switch it is not possible to do it backwards (from embedded to external)
    - attached a screenshot when playing a video with embedded and external subs. If I play a video with only embedded subs, in the menu are only two positions: "Show Subtitles" and "Hide Subtitles"

Do you think you can list in the menu all available external and embedded subs?
    May I suggest an another request? :) In MP1 its possible to adjust the playing delay of the subs. Do you think this is possible with this filter? Of course for this its necessary to add some GUI, like a slide..

Attachments

• external_subs.png
      external_subs.png
      40.4 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I've been reading up on this thread.

I did check the problem a bit more already:
    • Our DotNetStreamSource correctly sets the local path, so IFileSource gets the correct value
    I think you all are forgetting about one important use case:
    MP2 Server and Client may run on a different machine!

If you test with Server and Client on one PC - it is obvious that it should work, because in that case the MP2 client does have a local file path!
    I guess this is the scenario you all tested - can you confirm?

When MP2 Server is on a different machine in the network - we don't have a local file path! And then the subtitle filter cannot find any external subtitle files - MP2 has to find and provide them itself. This is where the DotNetStreamSource is actually required in order to NOT use dokan mounting.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I guess this is the scenario you all tested - can you confirm?
    Yes, your right, I've tested this running server and client on the same PC. I don't have a multiseat environment... maybe someone could test it running server on a different PC. But, I guess your right and it won't work...
    Do you have an idea how this could be fixed?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think you all are forgetting about one important use case:
    MP2 Server and Client may run on a different machine!
    No I have not forgotten about this ;)

But the step we have taken now improves the situation for local stored and files from network paths. So it might solve maybe 80% of common use cases. For the rest we still need to find a solution though.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made some tests now, with current code (SR'15 U1) and the modified version by @henso.

The results were different, which surprised me.

Current version:
    • VSFilter is added to and properly connected in the graph
    • DXVA is not enabled
    01_normal_vsfilter.PNG
    Autoload filter:
    • VSFilter is in graph, but not connected
    • DXVA is enabled
    02_autoload_noDXVA.PNG
    My test file was the same.

General
    Unique ID : 302744177024252588100021192685653688982 (0xE3C268589A9780C27E6A43D1DAC98296)
    Complete name : M:\Serien\Almost Human\Almost Human - S01E01 - 2048.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 480 MiB
    Duration : 42mn 51s
    Overall bit rate : 1 567 Kbps
    Writing application : HandBrake 6391svn 2014090501
    Writing library : Lavf55.12.0

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 576 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Standard : PAL
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Writing library : x264 core 142 r2479 dd79a61
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=62500 / vbv_bufsize=78125 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color primaries : BT.601 PAL
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.601
    Color range : Limited

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : A_AAC
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Title : Stereo
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

So the question is if the used xy-VSFilter is the way to go, if it breaks DXVA? Can someone confirm this? IIRC I saw @Sebastiii talking about the MPC-HC sub engine which is used in MP1 and that VSFilter breaks DXVA.

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    So the question is if the used xy-VSFilter is the way to go, if it breaks DXVA? Can someone confirm this? IIRC I saw @Sebastiii talking about the MPC-HC sub engine which is used in MP1 and that VSFilter breaks DXVA.

I got subtitles shown by simply adding xy-subfilter to the graph :) So no need to render them manually.

The filter sits between the video decoder and our evr presenter. This has the potential for breaking dxva, but I didn't notice and slow playback (but I don't have slow hardware). I am unsure how to exactly test if dxva is still used during playback.

If we have the dxva problem, I think we can use the newer version of the filter which has extra interfaces/methods to get the rendered subtitle so we can present it outself.But that needs changes to our presenter if I'm not mistaken.

About that :
    Could be nice to implement a good way of subtitle support. Video render needs to support it so DXVA can be used, it seems xy-VSFilter has an interface for that
    MPC-HC has already code for the subtitle consumer part, so it wont be too dificult for MP2 EVR renderer to be modified (Hopping :) )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom