[fixed] Diseqc problem (1 Viewer)

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    To some extent it works (ie on channel change the dish moves in m case from 36 E to 13 E) but after an unsuccessful tune attempt (which is always the case since it seems that if a channel is on another sat it needs to be selected twice) the dish moves back to 36 E without any command from my side! I attach an extract from log.

Best regards,

MaxT

Attachments

• tv1.zip
      30.6 KB

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Checked your logs and i do not understand what you complain about. Motor moved as expected 2 times
    first for Universal Sat for 1 channel (13e)
    second for Circular sat 2 channels (36e)
    i cant see any unexpected movements in log.

And for correct tuning you need to expand tune time in config as i wrote before.

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    The thing is that the second move (to 36E) was not requested at all! It happened just after the tune to the first channel was not successful without any action from my side just by some MP's own decision.

Further, unfortunately the extention of tuning time from 2 sec to 30 sec does not work - MP cannot lock to the channel even if actual dish movement takes about 15 sec.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    its moved because epg grabber started.

About tune time i have to check.

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Indeed seems to be EPG, but doesn't this means that EPG does not obey the 10 minutes idle time rule?

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    You misunderstood that option. 10 min timeout(idle as you named it) means how long epg grabber may work with one channel.

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    OK, now I understand. So I have to disable epg to prevent the dish move from the current sat position? As far as I remember this was not the case in RC2 and EPG did not move the dish by itself.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Just checked extended tune time 30 secs. MP now waits for signal for 30 sec. According to your logs its still 2 sec. Did you restart mp service after changing that option?

Yep, if you want to prevent it, disable epg grabber. Earlier its just doesnt work properly :) because no matter for what you tune, epg or tv or recording, channel tuning works in same way

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Yes I did. I changed it back to 2 sec after I saw that 30 sec does not work and it is painful to wait for 30 secs before one can do any further action.

May be the reason for that is completely different since I just made several attempts to tune channels on 13E and 36E with 30 sec tune limit and once it worked! however in other cases MP just could not lock to signal of definitely existing and working channel (even after selecting this channel twice) and was able to tune to it only after I tuned to another channel on the same sat and then tuned back.

I attach the logs for that.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Yep, it looks like a different issue because tuning to 3k after TANDBERG TNV is failed without any motor movement(same sat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom