[fixed] Diseqc problem (1 Viewer)

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    You misunderstood that option. 10 min timeout(idle as you named it) means how long epg grabber may work with one channel.

Still not convinced with your interpretation of timeout. As far as I understand if one enables EPG while idle and alows say 10 minutes timeout means that if there is no client's activity with particular card for 10 minutes (timeout) and this card is not used in recording, viewing, etc. after these 10 minutes EPG grabber will use this card till it is needed for other purposes.

If this is generally correct understanding then in my case EPG grabber completely ignores that I just tried to tune the card to the channel on other sat position using different LNB. Further as I noted and you agreed some strange reason this tuning attempt was not succesful and EPG grabber immediately moved the dish back for EPG grabbing thus does not allowing to select the same channel for the second time (or different channel on the same sat). This seems extremely strage for me. Isn't it?

Anyway many :D for helping with this issue!

Regards,

MaxT

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    I will explain how idle epg grabber works now:
    It poll server activity and if no one cards recording/timeshifting + "Refresh Every" time has come it starts grabbing( without any idle coutdown)
    Epg timeout option created for situation when on some channels epg grabbing is endless and we have to stop it manually. In that case without timeout we always could grab only one channel at all.(That why timeout was introduced).

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    ... epg grabber ... starts grabbing ... without any idle coutdown...

this sounds quite strange for me :eek:

but anyway :sorry: that I did not understand this before and :D for the explanation.

BR

MaxT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom