[confirm] Dishpro LNB; scanning finds Radio not TV channels (2 Viewers)

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Something told me that I should have posted the logs anyway...I need to do a better job in listening to the voices in my head!;)

I will post them after work...

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    OK...I renamed version "a" as TVlibrary.dll after renaming the default version "TVlibrarystock.dll". I then restarted TV service opened the TV server config and started a new scan. It once again flew through the transponders locating no channels and not a blip on signal strength or quality. I then replaced version "A" with version "B", restarted TV service, and relaunched the tvserver config utility and started a new scan using the same criteria....same results.:( The attached log files are from "version A" and Version "B" done minutes apart.

Attachments

• logverA.zip
      459.4 KB
    • logverB.zip
      461.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

The error in (a) and (b) is the same: a missing method exception. You are running my LNB custom build aren't you. I'm still at least 4 hours away from being at home so I won't have the chance to check the code until then...

mm

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi again

You are running my LNB custom build aren't you. mm

If you mean running the two TVLibrary files as "your custom build"---then yes. If you are asking if I am running your patch from "uncommited diseqC" thread url="https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/mediaportal-uncommitted-disceq-91185/#post703030", then the answer is no. This install so far is a straight install of 1.2beta. I was going to add the custom diseqc patch after I had things running properly first.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh, that is the problem! I created the files assuming that you were already using the patch from the other thread. They're only compatible with that patch. I'd need to create a second pair of DLLs for this thread if you're planning to stick with a "vanilla" 1.2.0b. Let me know what you would like to do...

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    :oops: Yes, this is a vanilla install without your custom patch. I was a little reluctant to initially use the "diseq" patch on 1.2beta because I noticed a slight instability in MP1.1.2 after using your original iteration of the custom patch. Although it solved the 22khz switch problem, I noticed MP would lockup and terminate more often running the with the patch. Because of this potential instability issue, and because I found myself not watching channels on the LNBs hooked to the "on" side of the 22kHz switch much anyway, I was planning to use beta as a "vanilla" install without the diseq patch...To get a chance to test beta with all of the new functionality "as is" before customizing it. I was plannning to eventually add the diseqc patch however, but didn't REALLY need it until about a month or so from now when watching those 22khZ "on" satellites was going to be a more regular occurance.

If it is not terribly too much work, I think having DLLs created for vanilla installs would be great!:) It would also help many more people who need the dish pro support who are not using the 22kHz switch.

:D

slickdaddy

Portal Member
    October 9, 2007
    Hello has there been anyupdate in regards to this issue? I am having the same issue with 1.2 beta. thank you

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi slickdaddy

No there hasn't - I somehow missed wderbi's last reply to me. I can provide DLLs, but to be honest it is not a good long term solution. I'm at work right now so give me 8 hours or so...

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again folks

I've attached a patch. Instructions for use:

1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached TVLibrary.dll into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Start TV Server.

You should be good to go after that...

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.2.0b_scanning_fix].zip
      159 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom