[confirm] Dishpro LNB; scanning finds Radio not TV channels (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

Updated patch -->here<-- as promised.

Kind regards,
    mm

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi FilterX

@wderbi: Did you end up using my 1.2.0b patch from the other thread in the end, and did it work?

mm

How's it going mm1352000,

Well, I did try the patch from earlier in this thread and it worked like a charm...thanks for your efforts!:D

However, 1.2beta for some reason seemed to give me much more problems with stability versus when I was running 1.1.2. There were MANY more times I would turn the TV on and find that MP was totally frozen requiring me to physically reset the PC. Also, no matter what I tried, I could never get more than a 2-day EPG for my NA provider. For example, SID 239 (WGN) is the 9-day EPG channel---I could never get any EPG if I left the EPG grabber on that channel. I actually meant to step back to 1.1.2 but instead I just put the MP project on hold for a bit while I had other fish to fry. :oops:

BTW, is it possible to have it set up where the epg grabber would automatically grab the epg like every night at the same time? This would be really nice for those who are not able to get several days of EPG.

Thanks for asking!

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi folks

Updated patch -->here<-- as promised.

Kind regards,
    mm

Hi MM,

Thank you for the patch. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the no signal message when I try to tune to a channel on the other sat thats on the 12700 freq. I do see these values in the table, and appropriate fields after this patch. Any suggestions if I'm missing something. Thanks.

I should add, that the channels scan in fine. Thx.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi FilterX

No suggestions off the top of my head, but please post logs and I'll look into it this evening.

mm
    PS: it is probably best to keep discussions about the patch in the patch thread

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi FilterX

No suggestions off the top of my head, but please post logs and I'll look into it this evening.

mm
    PS: it is probably best to keep discussions about the patch in the patch thread

Hi mm,

:sorry:

Turns out, that the patch works great. Seems that there was a problem with a few of the channels I scanned, and that I happened to test those channels. :rolleyes: I decided to go one by one on a few other channels and they came in. So this was my error. I'll post any future issues if I find any in the other thread, and I thank you very much for your work and sorry for the misinformation. Have a good one.

Regards,

Fx

Hi FilterX

@wderbi: Did you end up using my 1.2.0b patch from the other thread in the end, and did it work?

mm

Also, no matter what I tried, I could never get more than a 2-day EPG for my NA provider. For example, SID 239 (WGN) is the 9-day EPG channel---I could never get any EPG if I left the EPG grabber on that channel.

I have the same issue. It seems that the TVservice.exe file runs out of memory, and then doesn't complete the EPG. The memory error shows up in the logs. I plan on posting that error/logs once I get situated installing the latest MP RC version.

In regards to running and EPG import overnight, your best bet is MC2XML, and then run a script that imports that file into MP via the XMLTV plugin. Only problem is that you won't get PPV info from that service, so that is why it would be nice to have the 9 day EPG info from the Sat vs using MC2XML. Once benefit of MC2XML is that it has about 14 days of EPG info, but it's pretty much the same info that you get from the sat EPG.

Hopefully that issue can be fixed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmmm

Regarding the EPG: we can try and look into that. I'd just like to quickly mention there is possibly another way of getting the data direct from the satellite. I also help with testing -->this<-- project. If you could check out -->this<-- support thread and tell me if it is relevant (ignore the Nagraguide bit at the start) then that would be helpful.

mm

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Hmmmm

Regarding the EPG: we can try and look into that. I'd just like to quickly mention there is possibly another way of getting the data direct from the satellite. I also help with testing -->this<-- project. If you could check out -->this<-- support thread and tell me if it is relevant (ignore the Nagraguide bit at the start) then that would be helpful.

mm

Just at a glance, this may very well work. I didn't read over it that much, because I have to get up for work in the morning but I'll check it out tomorrow and get back to you in a day or two. Would this just produce the XMLTV file, and then it would have to be imported via the MP XMLTV Plugin, or is there a separate plugin for MP integration? Thanks for the link my friend. Appreciate it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure that the app itself supports grabbing the data *yet*, but the conversation is quite detailed about the technical requirements etc. and I can query Steve (the project developer) about the details if necessary. I'm just looking for a quick steer as to whether they are talking (at least in part) about the same guide data that you're after. Yes, the app itself just spits out an XMLTV file for MP to import. But get to bed - don't let me keep you up!

Sleep well :)
    mm

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm not sure that the app itself supports grabbing the data *yet*, but the conversation is quite detailed about the technical requirements etc. and I can query Steve (the project developer) about the details if necessary. I'm just looking for a quick steer as to whether they are talking (at least in part) about the same guide data that you're after. Yes, the app itself just spits out an XMLTV file for MP to import. But get to bed - don't let me keep you up!

Sleep well :)
    mm

Thanks MM. After reading that thread, yes that is the guide data that I'm after. It seems they are making some progress with the EEPG. Appreciate all of the help my friend. :D

Regards,

FX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom