[confirm] Dishpro LNB; scanning finds Radio not TV channels (1 Viewer)

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Holy Crap!:eek: I didn't realize that this thread had some progress made on it! I usually get an email when threads I post in are updated---apparently not this time. Thanks mm1352000...I will get on this in the next couple of days!:D

:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I usually get an email when threads I post in are updated---apparently not this time.
    Yeah, that's the same thing that happened to me. I would have posted the new binary within a day of your response (it only takes 5 minutes to compile) but I never got the email. Anyhow, let me know if you have any further trouble. :)

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    I usually get an email when threads I post in are updated---apparently not this time.
    Yeah, that's the same thing that happened to me. I would have posted the new binary within a day of your response (it only takes 5 minutes to compile) but I never got the email. Anyhow, let me know if you have any further trouble. :)
    Hi mm135200. I've been using the 1.2 beta work around that you had made for wderbi in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iaportal-uncommitted-disceq-91185/#post703030

I've added the files in this thread as well to the build, and it's been working great. I was wondering, what is the procedure for the new 1.2.0 RC build? I'm looking to put a new installation on a new machine with the latest version. Thanks so much.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi FilterX

Can you clarify exactly what you're asking for. The thing is that 1.2.0rc scanning has been changed again from 1.2.0b so that the channels that wderbi was having trouble with in this thread won't be a problem - you can use the standard 1.2.0rc. If you have multiple LNBs with custom parameters (ie. you need the LNB overrides) then a patch for 1.2.0rc *will* be required.

wderbi: Did you end up using my 1.2.0b patch from the other thread in the end, and did it work?

mm

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi FilterX

Can you clarify exactly what you're asking for. The thing is that 1.2.0rc scanning has been changed again from 1.2.0b so that the channels that wderbi was having trouble with in this thread won't be a problem - you can use the standard 1.2.0rc. If you have multiple LNBs with custom parameters (ie. you need the LNB overrides) then a patch for 1.2.0rc *will* be required.

@wderbi: Did you end up using my 1.2.0b patch from the other thread in the end, and did it work?

mm

Thanks for your response. I have a zinwell 22khz switch, that has NA sats 119/129. The 119 is on the 11700 lnb switch frequency and 129 is on the 12700 lnb switch frequency. I can scan both sats and I'll get the channels for each appropriate sat, but it only will give signal to one (The signal is applied to the last sat I scanned). So in other words, I can only receive the signal from one sat in MP. Sounds confusing, but the other build I used worked perfectly before installing the new build.

I noticed that the new build does have the fields (lnb switch frequency) at the end of each record in the tuning detail table, however it doesn't write anything into those fields in that table. Where as the 1.2b build that you made wrote those 11700/12700 frequencies in that field for the appropriate Sat/Channel.

Hope I'm not confusing you too much. Kind of hard to explain. :D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for your response. I have a zinwell 22khz switch, that has NA sats 119/129. The 119 is on the 11700 lnb switch frequency and 129 is on the 12700 lnb switch frequency. I can scan both sats and I'll get the channels for each appropriate sat, but it only will give signal to one (The signal is applied to the last sat I scanned). So in other words, I can only receive the signal from one sat in MP. Sounds confusing, but the other build I used worked perfectly before installing the new build.
    Gotcha - okay, you need the patch from the other thread to be updated. I'll try to do that tonight (2 hours from now). Note that the fields in the tuningdetail table were added by the patch. 1.2.0rc doesn't know about them at all, which is why they aren't updated/used.

mm

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Gotcha - okay, you need the patch from the other thread to be updated. I'll try to do that tonight (2 hours from now). Note that the fields in the tuningdetail table were added by the patch. 1.2.0rc doesn't know about them at all, which is why they aren't updated/used.

mm

Thanks I appreciate it. No need to rush, I did an upgrade from 1.2b so I didn't take that into consideration for the current build in regards to those added fields. Just so I can keep everything together for new future installs, am I correct to assume that I can just use the sql query that was posted in this patch: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/747200-post47.html ?

Then install the new patch for the RC Build when you get it finished?

Thanks again for the help. I've seemed to have found one other memory overflow issue with the DVB EPG, but I'll post that in the EPG section if you'd prefer with some logs after I get this issue taken care of. Have a good one.

Regards,

Fx

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You won't need to run any database scripts if you have/will upgrade from 1.2.0b. Only the patched DLLs would be required. Brand new (ie. new database) installs with 1.2.0rc would be the only case where database scripts would be needed - I'll try to support that too.

mm

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks again for all of your hard work that you put into MP for the community. Have a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom