Display current day in HomeBasic screen (1 Viewer)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi all,

Is there a way to have also the current day (e.g. Thursday 16/01/2014) displayed in addition to the time (e.g. 11:58 A.M.) at the top left corner in the HomeBasic screen?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am not 100% sure, but try the following:

Open Mepo config, go to Plugins and select the HomeBasic screen config. There is an option where you can adjust the date display string.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There you can change the format, but don't get it in the skin.
    The parameter you need is #date. You have add it in a skin file, e.g. common.time.xml on line 64 before #time. But then you have adjust a lot of other things.

But it is possible, with a lot of work.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is probably subject to the skin that you are using. A standard skin is displaying the day:
    Titan.JPG
    And since the OP is showing "Titan" as skin in his System Specs I am wondering why he/she wouldn't see the day.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The parameter you need is #date. You have add it in a skin file, e.g. common.time.xml on line 64 before #time. But then you have adjust a lot of other things.

But it is possible, with a lot of work.

Thanks a lot for this information! I was also thinking something like you kindly explained...but I really don't want to mess the complete skin layout just to add the date...I will prefer to take a look to the calendar instead! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it. I am using a centrally configured system, meaning that some configuration files are stored centrally and are not overridden when installing new versions. It would seem that 1.31 had a change in...
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it...
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen. Is this a known...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom