[DIY] Amblight project/guide - Hyperion - WS2801/ WS2812B / APA102 (4 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You would need network connectivity to get the Hyperion software and its dependencies installed so something like this micro-usb to RJ45 dongle is required:

http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2015-...gTable-PC/32368226383.html?detailNewVersion=2

Technically it can work as the hardware is more than fast enough for 300 leds or more as that already runs on a RPi1 and the Zero is much faster (40% increase according spec sheets), haven't seen Hyperion setups using it though so can't guarantee it will work but see no other obstacles other than the missing RJ45 / LAN connection :)

Freshage

Portal Member
    March 16, 2016
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Awesome, thanks :)

I'm simply trying to make the entire build as small as possible, next is to look at the power, as at the moment, I've got 2 power packs powering half the LED's each. Which is less than idea.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thanks for the hint. Looking good. But not not working here after Update via HyperCon. WebSocket Error on Web-Remote. Gotta investigate

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It should have restored your original config during the update process and restarted Hyperion, can try the following command in an SSH session to see if it starts correctly:

Code:
    /opt/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /opt/hyperion/config/hyperion.config.json

HyperCon also has more calibration options now and some of the old options like white level got deprecated however they still work but there are better options now, if you want to recalibrate the colors at some point there's now a up2date guide for that as well:

https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/Color-Calibration

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Trying to solve my problem in new hyperion forums. The colour calibration looks really good, especially the wiki to describe how to do it. This was the only reason I updated. Else I was totally satisfied with my setup, except some colours not really matching the TV's picture. Still on solving the problem...

idioteque87

Portal Member
    March 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello all,
    Does anyone have a decent Hypercon colour config for their lights which I could try with my setup please? I'm having some issues with mine and i'm struggling to fix them.
    My white is a bit blue, my red is really faint and my yellows are very green.

When I run a RGB video from Youtube, my red is barely noticeable and i'm unsure why.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

alanwang

July 14, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i want to know if your controller can support ws2813 led strip or not , WS2813 is different from WS2812B ,which have dual data signal

Freshage

Portal Member
    March 16, 2016
    Home Country
    Hello again friend! Been a long time, everything has been running fantastically since you helped and it's still impressing guests we have round to watch films.

I now want to do it from my PC to my PC monitor, which I guess will be a lot easier. My question is, do you think the Pi will power all the LED's? Or will I need external power? Total count of LED's is 150 needed (more like 145).

As for running directly from my PC, I think I can just use USB to Pi and run software on my PC for the coding of what's on screen right? The only problem might be I have 2 screens and I want to project from the main display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom