[DIY] Amblight project/guide - Hyperion - WS2801/ WS2812B / APA102 (2 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice, would make sure the "Generic Mini HDMI RCA 2 AV-Konverter" is powered via usb and not via hdmi in case you want to toggle it on/off later on :)
    Added a new example config for WS2812B, it gives smoother transitions and is similar to the Philips dynamic setting so it's a bit slower when it comes to action scenes.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, had that issue in the beginning and was caused by power leak/interference from another device in the plug box (which also had the AVR in it).
    Adding all video capture devices (including rPI) to a dedicated plug box solved that :) , don't think it will happen for everyone but that should solve it.

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But you only turn off the converter and not the whole plug box, right?
    In your case the USB connection has to be mandatory. Otherwise turning off the power source would not work. Which HDMI converter do you use?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If they somehow made an device that would allow 24hz composite input/output than that would certainly solve it but sadly don't see enough information on the site itself.
    I didn't want to give up on that topic so I contacted the suppport again.
    Here's the mail:

Hi Enrico,

Yes, hdmi Premium kit handles 1080p @24Hz easily as long as it is 2D. Premium kit converts it to PAL standard, so that grabber (embedded into same device) is able to pass it to raspberry pi.

I will try to upload "video proof" soon.

Jacek

niedz., 30 lis 2014, 16:53 Enrico *** użytkownik *** napisał:
    Hello
    I would like to know if the lightberry premium kit can handle 24p content like movies from bluray discs. That is movie content in 24hz frame rate (23,976 to be precise) and is a problem for other ambilight solutions because HDMI digital/analog converter only convert 50hz and 60hz.
    If lightberry could handle this that would be an unique selling point. Could you then please upload a video on youtube showing that it works with 24p?

Regards,

Enrico

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just hope they can supply some more details because with the limited specifications they list this shouldn't work as the stk1160 chip requires an analog input.
    In the video it looks like an blu-ray menu and seeing PAL which is weird because that standard doesn't allow 24hz only 25//50hz, still not entirely convinced unless they do a bit longer video with more details included.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Found something weird when using Arduino 1.0.6 to build the WS2812B sketch, it made all the leds flicker and non-responsive.
    After some digging I found that you need to increase the serial buffer in the Arduino program itself, added an example for the Uno in the how to for users that are gonna use WS2812B leds and are affected by it :)
    Direct link to it here:

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-serial-buffer-size

Still a bit weird why it worked before with the older versions but oh well this solves it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom