DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the quick response!
    No problem. :)

I had upgraded to 1.12 from 1.11.
    That would do it.
    The custom data grabber overwrites some of the standard TV Server files. When you upgraded, the installer would have overwritten the custom data grabber files... and hence the situation.

I tried doing a complete uninstall then reinstalling 1.11 but got the same crash error when trying to grab.
    Yeah, that won't be enough. Probably the only way to fix the problem is to install 1.11 or 1.12 (whichever you intend to stick with) and then install the custom data grabber over top of that.

Philip Churchill

Portal Member
    August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi ears can we have version 1.4 please.
    Dont I need version 1.12.0 though as its the latest and only versions 1.3.0 Alpha - 1.6.0 are on that page?
    You asked for 1.4 :confused: or did you say 1.4 because there are currently 3 releases from ears in the first post?

Folks, please forgive this potentially obvious question...

Are you all still using this plugin to receive EPG for Sky UK channels, or...?
    I've read that Sky UK made changes some time ago to prevent PCs from decrypting channels. If that's the case, what use is the plugin now?
    The changes Sky made stopped most of the subscription HD channels (around 80) from decrypting on non-Sky equipment. FTV, subscription SD and a few subscription HD channels continue to work, the Sky EPG also contains many more FTA TV channels and radio stations than Freesat. As well as listings, the plugin also adds channel numbers, series links, region selection, categorising and sorting, adding new/moved channels and removing old ones, the HD swap function, ignoring subscription channels and logo grabbing (some screenshots here).

Sorry im geting totally confused.
    I persume I install the latest MediaPortal (MediaPortal 1 V1.12.0) and also Version 1.4.0.6 of the Sky UK Plugin and Custom Data Grabber version 1.0.0.3.
    But what about the files listed Media Portal 1.3.0 Alpha to Mediaportal 1.6.0 Final, do I have to install one of them as well and if so which one?

mattpwill

Portal Member
    July 17, 2015
    Home Country
    Yeah, that won't be enough. Probably the only way to fix the problem is to install 1.11 or 1.12 (whichever you intend to stick with) and then install the custom data grabber over top of that.
    I've tried a complete uninstall, which removes everything including the plugins and folders, and reinstalling Mediaportal 1.11 and moving the 2 files into the correct Mediaportal folders. I also tried installing 1.12 from a complete uninstall. Neither have gotten rid of the problem

Thanks again for all your help

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Sorry im geting totally confused.
    I persume I install the latest MediaPortal (MediaPortal 1 V1.12.0) and also Version 1.4.0.6 of the Sky UK Plugin and Custom Data Grabber version 1.0.0.3.
    But what about the files listed Media Portal 1.3.0 Alpha to Mediaportal 1.6.0 Final, do I have to install one of them as well and if so which one?
    The current version of the custom data grabber installer is based on 1.11.0 (Ears' MediaPortalSetup_1.11.0_2015-03-31-22-20.exe.zip). There are further modifications, beyond including those two files, that you'd need to merge to build a version of 1.12.0 yourself.

I've tried a complete uninstall, which removes everything including the plugins and folders, and reinstalling Mediaportal 1.11 and moving the 2 files into the correct Mediaportal folders. I also tried installing 1.12 from a complete uninstall. Neither have gotten rid of the problem

Thanks again for all your help
    Similar to the above, use Ears' 1.11.0 installer, it includes everything you need and MonkeyJug has posted instructions in the fifth post (it mentions 1.9.0 because that was the release at the time, you can ignore the CAM bit if you're only using FTA).

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm not sure whether to set the default as Freesat (probably applicable for more people, but may result in missing channels???) or Sky
    I suppose it comes down to whether it's easier to explain why channels are missing or why subscriptions channels aren't working/how to delete them. Sky also has the added benefit of covering Ireland.

Most of the not covered list can be done in other ways (order be number, uncheck or delete scrambled/encrypted channels, LogoManager, TvWishList etc), remote TV Server configuration should make it more convenient (y)

Last edited:

Philip Churchill

Portal Member
    August 2, 2012
    Home Country
    The current version of the custom data grabber installer is based on 1.11.0 (Ears' MediaPortalSetup_1.11.0_2015-03-31-22-20.exe.zip). There are further modifications, beyond including those two files, that you'd need to merge to build a version of 1.12.0 yourself.

Similar to the above, use Ears' 1.11.0 installer, it includes everything you need and MonkeyJug has posted instructions in the fifth post (it mentions 1.9.0 because that was the release at the time, you can ignore the CAM bit if you're only using FTA).
    Thanks any idea what files I would have to merge to build a 1.12.0 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom