Does anyone that know of a network tuner that does analog and digital (1 Viewer)

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does anyone know of a network tuner that would do analog and digital cable. I have tired the hdhomerun and it will not give me all my channels.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi bc0508

No, there are none available that I know of. The issue is that to receive analog signals you need an encoder to convert the signal to digital. Encoder chips aren't the cheapest, and given that analog is on the way out in most parts of the world I guess manufacturers have decided that it isn't worth investing in creating a networked tuner that supports analog signals. I think you'll be well served with the 2250 that you've mentioned in other threads...
    mm

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yes I have found that too. We have over air digital signal but the cable company around here advertises that they are digital but I have found out they have digital but its not all stations yet. I couldnt get a date on when all channels are broadcasted in digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom