Donation for technotrend premium/nexus/ss1 support? (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

dman_lfc said:
Agree,

The SDK is free - can you do another SS2 implementation for these peeps???

DMAN

Without the hardware not. The SDK helps there not much, since i cant write code with guessing what the card will do on my code? :)

greets

A

Anonymous

Re: DVB-s

The technotrend and nexus series also have dvb-c and dvb-t cards so support for those cards can still be included.
Could you considder writing the support for these cards?
I have tried contacting him on irc a couple of times without success, but i will keep on trying.

/Peter

Is it working with bda-drivers? then you should contact frodo. if not, and if you can provide the hardware, i can implement it. but i cant say how long it takes. (first, i have to implement dvb-c and -t for the technisat cards) but should be faster then for the technisat-models at all, since i already do the most code (scanning, epg, teletext). so i think it will be the tuning-part, the plugins-handling, and the graph.

greets
agree

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Agree said:
    dman_lfc said:
    Agree,

The SDK is free - can you do another SS2 implementation for these peeps???

DMAN

Without the hardware not. The SDK helps there not much, since i cant write code with guessing what the card will do on my code? :)

greets

Thats what the thread is about - getting money to buy the dev a card and I'm sure they'll let you pocket the extra's :)

The TechnoTrend Nova-S has BDA drivers and aparently is starting to work in MP.
    The Nexus-S although uses the same Philips chipset it does have some other MPEG-2 hardware decoding functions however.

I told lugiber to try and hack the BDA drivers to see if it would work... i guess it didnt.

You're the 'sat' king :wink:

DMAN

lugiber

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2004
    Sweden
    D-man i haven't tried hacking the drivers cause i don't think hey will work for me. I have a dvb-c card so the -s drivers shouldn't work, right? I am only interested in drivers that will work with encrypted tv. I only get two free channels with my subscription (the rest is encrypted).

edit:

Wow! if nexus-s is working that¨s great!

/edit

/Peter

lugiber

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2004
    Sweden
    Re: DVB-s

Agree said:
    Is it working with bda-drivers? then you should contact frodo. if not, and if you can provide the hardware, i can implement it. but i cant say how long it takes. (first, i have to implement dvb-c and -t for the technisat cards) but should be faster then for the technisat-models at all, since i already do the most code (scanning, epg, teletext). so i think it will be the tuning-part, the plugins-handling, and the graph.

Speed is not an issue for me, i just want this to work. If you will write the drivers i'll try to get the money for the hardware. That will of course take some time as well.

Edit

Agree, if no one else donates the money for the card i'll put in the rest of the money (130$) at the end of this month. Will this be okey with you?

Edit

/Peter

A

Anonymous

if i tell, that i have Nexxus-s card without CI interface. where or whom schould i send it? to you Agree or Lugiber?

lugiber

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2004
    Sweden
    if i tell, that i have Nexxus-s card without CI interface. where or whom schould i send it? to you Agree or Lugiber?

The purpose of this thread is to gather money to buy a card for a developer who wants to develop drivers for it. If you want to send your card to agree you should talk to him. Otherwise just wait till the end of february and we will buy a card for agree, that way you won't have to send him yours.
    I know nothing about programming so sending the card to me wouldn't do you any good :wink:

/Peter

A

Anonymous

Jean-Max said:
    Hello,

Why not a Nexus-S on Ebay, at low price :

have a look :
    Ebay Search

Sorry Jean-Max not to have given you the link to this post but you find it ! your suggestion could be an idea if there is someone here ready to work on the Nexus ! if it's the case i'm the first one to agree to participate to this purchase !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom