Don't find channels with SkyStar 2 (1 Viewer)

kiesow

Portal Pro
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Anyone can post an channel list of Hispasat, to import and test in TV Server 3, please??

C. L.

I noticed importing a channel list doesn't help fixing the problem. The channels have to be found via channel scan otherwise they don't work.

Well, so it really would help to find a dev willing to help.
Maybe a real debug version of TV Server can help finding the problem with scanning?

kiesow

Portal Pro
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, I thought the error.txt would give the devs a hint how to locate the problem. But it seems not to do. Anything else I could provide to help?

jdugas

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
NY
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Try a Hauppauge Nova-S Plus DVB Card

I have a Skystar 2 and a Hauppauge Nova-S Plus... I have no problems with the Nova-S Plus but cannot scan channels properly with the Skystar 2... so I stick with the Nova-S card. I think it is a better card anyway... higher quality.

The nice thing about the Nova-S card is that I can install it into a regular 32-Bit PCI slot or a 64-Bit PCI slot... whereas the Skystar 2 wont work in a 64-Bit PCI slot. This was very important for me since I have a server board in my TV Server... and you don't find many good server boards these days with 32-Bit PCI slots... even if you do, usually there is only one slot... so multi card setups are out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom