Drive Free Space Plugin (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Unless the skin you are using specifically states that it uses the drive free space plugin, you will have to add the code to the xmls yourself using the example code in the text files to guide you.

best regards,

Chuck

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re : Drive Free Space Plugin

Now, you've got to modify the skin xml file you want to display the information into MP. Read the first post to get code example.

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Drive Free Space Plugin

You need a skin that supports this plugin to see an effect. Ore modify the skin-files (xml) of your MP-skin (see first post of this thread).

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the resonces.. So I have to copy the text in the first post into notepad, and save it as an xml file and put it in the skin folder? Wy are there no that kind of files in the topicstart.. That would make it much easier!

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Wow. I think theres a big missunderstanding. The textbox on the first post is an example how to use the code in skin files. When you copy and paste them into notepad and save them as an xml, NOTHING will happens! Thees code is needed by the plugin to show drive usage in MP. So you have to edit your skin files ore use a skin they support this plugin!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    haha, allright, no so easy as I thought;)

Is streamedMP not supportes? And can nobody upload a skinfile that worked? Another problem is that when I install the plugin, I can not open it from out mediaportal.. It's not in the plugin section..

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This plugin is a process-plugin. So it is working as a process in the background of MP and always checks the status of your marked hdds. Theres no need to show it in the plugin-menu. You can change the settings in MP-Config, thats it.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Drive Free Space Plugin

This plugin is a process-plugin. So it is working as a process in the background of MP and always checks the status of your marked hdds. Theres no need to show it in the plugin-menu. You can change the settings in MP-Config, thats it.

But I can't see the information in mediaportal.. Where should it be showd? Sry, but for me it's a bit difficult to understand how it works:$

Wich skin support this plugin? StreamedMP don't?

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

See post #33 as an example. My own htpc is down by a hdd-problem, so i cant give you my own pics.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Drive Free Space Plugin

See post #33 as an example. My own htpc is down by a hdd-problem, so i cant give you my own pics.

That look nice, but as I say, it doesn't show in my case.. I have the plugin in the right folder, en can configure it, but I do not understand how I can add it to my skin.. to wich xml do I have to add the text on the frontpage? StreamedMPConfig.xml maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom