Dropping Frames / Codec Problem (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The popup's you are getting on startup of MP relate to the fact you have Windows7 SP1, SP! is not supported as a OS by 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 only new BETA.

If your tired, don't do anything, it just makes things worse :(

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    SO during all this time I did update onto the latest service packs from MS and registered the OS to ensure it was up to date and good to go, as I was a victim of not running a licensed copy it seems. :eek:

So the OS is the latest and greatest now, in spite of what MP thinks it can see.

Lifted to 1.2 before coming to work and still have a rendering issue on .ts files - stagger and delays. Next try will be to ensure I have the SAF6 installed correctly (and yes the box is connected to the web) and see where that takes me. At least now I am on the latest OS with all the patches, on the latest MP with Moving Pictures working fine and no splash screen arriving when arriving at the main menu of MP.

One question of SAF, does it take away most of the "I can't play this codec messages" when I browse around the various formats I have stored? (haven't had time to try it out)

So close I can now almost touch sucess!

Sparky

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Ok So now the audit up to date.

Latest OS patches all in.
    Latest 1.2 installed and all plugins updated (Moving Pictures, IFC, and Online Movies)
    SAF installed and configured as shown in the previous chats and user setup threads, all codecs selected as pre instructions.

Outcome.
    Still staggers on playing .ts files.
    Doesn't now play any of my videos and documentaries. Can hear audio but no rendering of grahpics.

Kinda went forward only to go backwards at the last post.

In Debug mode - works fine for .ts files anyway.

New log file attached for any kind soul.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Blackscreen but audio?
    Try to disable DXVA - START-SAF-PDVD-turn off dxva

BTW, there is a crash inside your error.log:

Code:
    2011-05-26 17:55:49.543694 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: d3dapp: An error occured in OnResize - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.UpdateIcon(Boolean showIconInTray)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.set_Visible(Boolean value)
       at MediaPortal.D3DApp.OnResize(EventArgs e)

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Ok so turned DXVa off and made no difference. Still no rendering of .TS files nor anything else.
    Tried rendering in Graphstudio - no issue, works fine
    Thought about the error and turned IFC off (as the error was a frame resize by the looks) and with DXVA off and IFC off, the new .TS renders no issue.
    So half way there now! Way Cool!

Also when the newly recorded are rendering MP, they are the best they have been ever. No gitter no delay, just works and works well, thanks.

Only issue left is that my entire collection of Documentaries are not rendering video in MP. They will render in Graphstudio. Used Debug mode in MP and still do not render.

How do I solve the issue about no rendering of all the other material I have?

The log of the latest Debug mode is attached, just in case.

Sparky

PS and completely a side issue. I have a bunch of .WMA files that will not render in Graphstudio. Is this recoverable?

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Hoborg

Yes I am running Windoze 7 where do I go to set that sorry? What part of the configuration system lets me trigger that?

Sparky

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    evr.jpg

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Not actually sure how to say thanks folks. MePo up and running all good with no gitter on anything anywhere. Now relaxing and enjoying all the new features of 1.2.

Thank you thank you thank you!

One last however if I may. How do i get MePo to play the .wmv files I mentioned before?

Thanks again

Sparky!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom