Dropping Frames / Codec Problem (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    WMV files should play natively in windows without any codecs needed

try playing them in windows media player?

SAF 6 is a great codec package that Hoborg complies and works great for MP..which includes wmv support..but i thought windows supports that natively

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Yep but these Studio graph will not render nor will Media Player play them. Talks about not the right Codec - Again. It is not the end of the world however, I can just delete them as I have about 8TB's of video material and the group I was trying to get going is only a very small percentage. Just annoying.

Again thanks so much to those who helped me get back on the straight and narrow with MePo! Awesome.

Sparky

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you got a small sample that you could upload to rapidshare or something?

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Not actually sure how to say thanks folks. MePo up and running all good with no gitter on anything anywhere. Now relaxing and enjoying all the new features of 1.2.

Thank you thank you thank you!

One last however if I may. How do i get MePo to play the .wmv files I mentioned before?

Thanks again

Sparky!!!! :)

I spoke a little early. Sat down last night to watch our frist long length movie for a while and got issues, from MePo, not the family. Gitter and other crap which greatly distracted from watching the movie. It was watchable but only just. The video froze for maybe one second at a time with the audio mostly in sync, but the issues varied to delayed audio also.

I'll grab a logg and fire it up soon. I know I am slow close to this thing working at a 100%, feels like about 92% right now.

Sparky

Have you got a small sample that you could upload to rapidshare or something?

Came up with another idea - to convert them to something else, but even handbrake spat the dummy. I think the easiest thing to do is delete them actually. It's only a few, so in the scheme of things lossing ten or so vids isn't going to keep me awake at night.

Thanks again. My biggest focus is to get MePo to play everything smoothly without gitter and lag.

Sparky

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    So I think that actual problem was MCEbudy working away stealing all the processor load :confused: :oops:. Now set that to work only between 23:00 and 08:00 so that sohuld take care of that issue. Watched a movie again today to see if "things" had improved. They had, but I still get a minor jumping about every 60 seconds or so. :oops:

Heaps better than it was last night.

If anyone can bothered however I would be delighted with a scan of the logs to see if anything can be improved and always would be most greatful to anyone doing so. :D:D

Sparky

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

How much CPU is being used when you are watching these videos?
    I've read that you were advised to turn DxVA off earlier in the thread but that doing so made no difference. Did you leave it off or have you turned it back on?
    You might want to try running DPC latency checker to see if you've got a badly behaved driver...

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi again

How much CPU is being used when you are watching these videos?
    I've read that you were advised to turn DxVA off earlier in the thread but that doing so made no difference. Did you leave it off or have you turned it back on?
    You might want to try running DPC latency checker to see if you've got a badly behaved driver...

Not sure on the CPU Usage aspect.
    DxVA is off and staying off as it is working fine without it.
    I'll investigate the Latency Checker aspect also.

Also thinking that lifting 2 megs to 4 megs of memory maybe wouldn't hurt either.

Sparky

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Checking the CPU usage is important if you want to leave DxVA off. Its really easy to check - just open MP in windowed mode (press alt+enter to switch between full screen and windowed mode), play a video, then use task manager (ctrl+alt+del) to view CPU usage (performance tab)...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any transcoding done whilst viewing video, will have some affect, depending on whether you have a beast of a quad cpu or not, you are still limited by the amount of data flow through the motherboard.

Think you did the right thing by setting MCEBuddy to only work at off peak hours, I also used to have it set to work after file is 15 days old, just so I could delete any rubbish I may have accidently recorded and decided not to keep.

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Any transcoding done whilst viewing video, will have some affect, depending on whether you have a beast of a quad cpu or not, you are still limited by the amount of data flow through the motherboard.

Think you did the right thing by setting MCEBuddy to only work at off peak hours, I also used to have it set to work after file is 15 days old, just so I could delete any rubbish I may have accidently recorded and decided not to keep.

Yep I understand why you wait to tell MCE to do what it does. I may end up there also, but am happy to let it run for a while to sort out The most compressed format v The best quality.

Sparky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom