DUGG TV guide grabber - Updated [02.06.06] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    PainToad said:
    can someone PM the link
    If you want access to TUGG or DUGG, you need to send a PM to "Angusmann" and he will send you the URL... :)

By the way, DUGG is very easy to set up and it is really, really fast....

johnmb

Portal Member
    April 2, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi all, have just started using Dugg - and it's great! One question though.... I have a DTV1000 digital card and a Winxp2000 Expert analog card.... I am not getting any program data for the HD stuff or the Analog. I assume I just need to duplicate the channels, but how do I know what the correct channel name is that MP expects to find? Probably obvious......? I assume there is a file somewhere with this info that I need to refer to?
    Thanks.

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    You're right...the channeldupe command can be used to create the extra channel names for HD and analog.

As for what names to choose...I'm not very familiar with MediaPortal but I think you can edit the channel names and assign different channels to different cards. So why not edit the channels assigned to the analog and HD cards to whatever you want (Eg. Channel 10 HD) and then just do a channeldupe command with the same name.

Oh ... and glad to hear you like DUGG !

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    hi, i just installed DUGG tonight and it works great if i manually fire it, but it alway traps when i try to call it from a scheduled task!!!

how is everyone else automating DUGG?

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    To run as a scheduled task, you need to put the dugg.tkn file as a command line argument for dugg.exe

So you run the following.

c:\program\path\dugg.exe c:\program\path\dugg.tkn

Try that. It should work. Substitute the directory where dugg.exe and dugg.tkn reside where I have put \program\path\

The other (stupid) thing about windows XP scheduled tasks is that if the account does not have a password....it will not run. This is by design and something to do with security but the bottom line is unless you add a password to your account the scheduled task will never run.

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Not much difference but i automate by calling DUGG from a batch file as after it finishes i want to copy the data to a network storage device so that all my MediaPortal computers can get the data from there instead of the downloading it individually from the internet.

So I include Angusmann's suggestion previously in the batch file and have the scheduled task call the batch file. Its a bit more flexible as you can do things before and after dugg runs if you need to.

As to the password problem - Your computer's 'Administrator' account *should* (IMO) have a password set for security reasons anyway, so it may work if you run the scheduled task under that account and save yourself from setting a password on your personal account if thats the way you like it.

BTW: DUGG is tops - thanks Angusmann.

johnmb

Portal Member
    April 2, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    If your current logon account has no password, and you're running the scheduled task while you are logged on, it works OK. (eg the task is scheduled to run at 8pm each night, and at that time you are usually logged on. Of course, the window will usually open on top of whatever you are doing!)
    I have found that if you run the task as administrator (with a password), but you are logged on (as another user, with or without a password), when the task runs, the task will fail to run. Probably to do with files in use, or something......?

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    johnmb said:
    I have found that if you run the task as administrator (with a password), but you are logged on (as another user, with or without a password), when the task runs, the task will fail to run. Probably to do with files in use, or something......?

u sure about that? i just did a test to see... i was logged in under my personal account and made a passworded 'Administrator' account based scheduled task running every one minute calling a batch file to copy tvguide.xml over the top of an existing one in the MediaPortal\xmltv folder whilst MediaPortal was always open and in the foreground with with focus in the TVGuide window. i kept swapping the source tvguide.xml back and forth with a valid one then an invalid one so it wasnt just copying the exact same file over and over again. the scheduled task succeeded everytime and MP had no problem loading the valid one when asked to 'Import TVGuide' and complained (as it should) when it was invalid with no issues with file locking.

johnmb

Portal Member
    April 2, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    Well..... I think so. Originally when i set it up, I tried all sorts of combinations to get a scheduled task to work, as administrator, when I was logged on as a user. Tried just running the exe, creating a batch file to run it etc, couldn't get anything to work. (When the task tried to run, would just get the Windows 'error' noise, and the task would show as running, until cancelled. Never created any of the new files that it should when downloading new data, etc.) As soon as I changed the task to run under my own account, (without a password), ran perfectly....

Dunno.....

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    dunno exactly either but since you set it up maybe the scheduler or Windows itself or MP behaviour or some other factor has changed - the way they handle files now may not lock files in this scenario if they dont have to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom