Dutch TV-guide data with WebEPG (1 Viewer)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    It was a while ago that I move to getting 7 days for this site. The 7 days is hard coded into the URL line in the www_tvgids_nl.xml file. If you want less then you wil need to edit this.

Most site don't work this way. However, if I use the normal interface for tvgids, then I only get 3 days guide, even tho their db has 7 days guide info in it.

To speed up testing you can make a file with less channels.

/James

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Thanks a lot James, for providing us with a fix :D
    I'll try current CVS on my HTPC soon to see if things are fixed for me.

Thanks again,
    Michel

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    James said:
    It was a while ago that I move to getting 7 days for this site. The 7 days is hard coded into the URL line in the www_tvgids_nl.xml file. If you want less then you wil need to edit this.

Most site don't work this way. However, if I use the normal interface for tvgids, then I only get 3 days guide, even tho their db has 7 days guide info in it.

To speed up testing you can make a file with less channels.

/James
    James,

A question about this:
    In the WebEPGconf.exe I can set the number of days to download. What is the purpose of that setting when it is hardcoded as you say?

BTW what is most important, the solution you provided for removing time-overlapping tv guide information works perfect. Thanks a lot for that!

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    csberto said:
    A question about this:
    In the WebEPGconf.exe I can set the number of days to download. What is the purpose of that setting when it is hardcoded as you say?

Well for every other site it works, because normally it is one request per day. However, I get 7 days from tvgids.nl with a single request. So I may as well load all the days. If you want to speed it up turn off the linked pages (thats what slows it down so much).

Cheers,

/James

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    James said:
    Well for every other site it works, because normally it is one request per day. However, I get 7 days from tvgids.nl with a single request. So I may as well load all the days. If you want to speed it up turn off the linked pages (thats what slows it down so much).

Cheers,

/James
    Thanks. Now I understand.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I finally had some time to tinker with the new "remove program" feature James has added to CVS. I used the following entry in WebEPG\grabbers\NL\www_tvgids_nl.xml:
    Code:
      <section name="RemovePrograms">
        <entry name="ned3@omroep.nl">[TITLE]"Z@pp";[TITLE]"Nederland 3"</entry>
      </section>
    So far everything looks aok!

BTW, I did not exclude the program with the title "Z@ppelin" from the grabber, because that's a regular program on the Z@pp substation. To explain things more: Nederland 3 is divided into two substations with the name "Nederland 3" and "Z@pp". The bogus entries from tvgids.nl only contain the substation name and are only indicating when that substation broadcasts on this particular channel.

Thanks a lot James!

Kind regards,
    Michel

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Thanks scoop,

If everyones happy with this remove string, I will include it in the CVS. Can someone else confirm this?

Thanks,

/James

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Ok this remove set has been added to the CVS.

I've also put a config for sbs6.sbs.nl in the CVS, a 2nd source, backup, etc.

I have not done the linked pages yet, but if someone could test it and see how it goes that would be great.

Cheers,

/James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom