DVB-S EPG wrong character encoding for Hungarian language (2 Viewers)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi,
I'm having real difficulties to adjust properly the character encoding for Hungarian EPG. The special Hungarian characters are all displayed wrong (letters with accent, like: á é ő ú ű í ó ü ö) Some strange characters are displayed instead.
Provider is UPC Direct.
I have checked in DVBViewer and EPG is fine, all the characters are correct. Any ideas how can I fix this, it is very annoying.

Thanks!

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Nobody? :(
I would be so grateful is you could help me in this. I have seen earlier posts that others had similar problems with some special characters (Danish, Chinese, etc). In most of the cases the problem was resolved, either by a dev providing a file to use or there is no description how it was solved. It is so annoying, as it is very hard to read text with bunch of symbols in it.
I do not want to use an external EPG Grabber, DVB EPG would be so easy and good. I did try WebGrab+ and the characters imported by xmltv are all correct. But the procedure is long, the site for Hungarian listings is changing all the time, not an easy task.

I can provide you with all the required information for the provider I use, logs, anything, just please tell me what you need and how can I do that:)

Many thanks!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
we need:
1. screenshot of MP with wrong chars, and screenshot of DVBViewer for the same program where we can see the difference.
2. Logs http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files
3. description where do you get DVB EPG from (DVB-C or DVB-S, provider, frequency, channel names etc.)
4. Settings of EPG (while timeshifting, idle grab,...)
Have you set hungarian language in MP?

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
we need:
1. screenshot of MP with wrong chars, and screenshot of DVBViewer for the same program where we can see the difference.
2. Logs http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files
3. description where do you get DVB EPG from (DVB-C or DVB-S, provider, frequency, channel names etc.)

Many thanks for your answer!

I will provide all these on Monday. I wont be home until Sunday evening, so I can't do it before:(

I have set MP to Hungarian language but didn't help, reverted back to English.

I was doing some research, and I saw that others had issued with UPC Direct (Thor 0,8W) provider character encoding.
https://linuxtv.org/patch/12421/
Here a user says that UPC Direct uses iso6937-2 encoding for EPG. The thread is very old (2006), many things could have changed since. I think it is possible to check the encoding of EPG in DVBviewer Transedit analyze, but I'm not sure about this.

I hope this could be fixed somehow after I have provided the things you asked for. Will reply very soon with the details!

EDIT: it does works in DVBViewer and in a set top box (Amiko Alien) without any problems, only MP is doing this:(

Thanks!

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
we need:

Hi Vasilich,

1. please see attached a screenshot from MP EPG and DVBViewer EPG for the same channel, for example HírTV channel. It is a Hungarian news channel, but the same problem is with every channel where Hungarian language is used in EPG. You can clearly see the problem with letters with accent.
2. Logs attached
3. I get EPG from DVB-S, provider UPC Direct (0.8W): [url]http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-upc.php[/URL]
4. Since I'm using a motor, I have turned off idle grabbing to prevent constant movement of dish (but if I use idle grabbing, it is the same). I have also tried to disable CRC check, the same problem.
5. I'm using MP set to English, but I have tried Hungarian as well, it is the same.

I assume it is something related to iso6937-2 encoding, what I have posted before, but it is just a guess from me.
I hope you can fix this somehow and provide me a patch or instructions what to do.

Many thanks and looking forward to your answer! If you need any further information, just let me know!

Attachments

• epg_dvbviewer.png
    epg_dvbviewer.png
    76.9 KB
  • epg_mp.png
    epg_mp.png
    516.6 KB
  • epg_settings.png
    epg_settings.png
    80.7 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
as i cannot find anything suspect in your logs, i will try to provide debug version of tswriter so we can see what is happening there.
But as there are several events in my real life, that take my free time (like kid's BD etc.), it can be that i can provide it in several days (hopefully until weekends so that you also have time to test and collect debug info). Sorry for that

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
as i cannot find anything suspect in your logs, i will try to provide debug version of tswriter so we can see what is happening there.
But as there are several events in my real life, that take my free time (like kid's BD etc.), it can be that i can provide it in several days (hopefully until weekends so that you also have time to test and collect debug info). Sorry for that

Sounds great! I'm also very short on free time:( but I will try to respond asap when you ask something.
I do not know what is the debug version of tswriter and how can it help me? Can you explain it to me just in few words? Will it help us to see and discover why the characters are wrong? Do you think this can be fixed?

By weekend is fine, just please do not forget about me:) I can easily live with the EPG characters, it is not a bug that prevents me from using MP, it is just very annoying, since it is very hard to read the text. i suspect there might be problems when it comes to recording because of the file names, but not sure about this, haven't tested yet.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I'll prepare special version of tswriter that logs alot more of EPG packet parsing, and in special form (i did it for that https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-epg-split-short-and-ext-descriptions.118507/ ) so we can see where the decoding goes wrong way.

Hi Vasilich! Do you have some free time to create the special version of tswriter today or tomorrow? It looks I will have some free time to do the test. Please also send me instructions what should I do and what to post back!
Many thanks!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Do you have some free time to create the special version of tswriter today or tomorrow?
at least i hope so. But cannot promise.
btw, what is the standard 3-letters abbreviations for Hungary? E.g. for germany those are GER (Germany) and DEU (Deutschland=Germany on german language).
HUN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom