DVB-S EPG wrong character encoding for Hungarian language (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Do you have some free time to create the special version of tswriter today or tomorrow?
at least i hope so. But cannot promise.
btw, what is the standard 3-letters abbreviations for Hungary? E.g. for germany those are GER (Germany) and DEU (Deutschland=Germany on german language).
HUN?

Many thanks! Looking very much forward to try the new files, of course, if you have some free time.

As regeszter already replied, it is HUN (and the shorter, two letter format is HU)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
so, quick test if the approach i selected helps at all..
backup old TVLibrary.dll files in Program files\ MP and MP TVServer folders, and replace them with attached one.
If that helps - then i will talk to devs of TVE about correct implementation of this. if it won't - then i will supply you debug version with extended logging (logging of this part is a bit more complicated than i thought first).

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
    217.4 KB
Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
backup old TVLibrary.interfaces.dll files in Program files\ MP and MP TVServer folders, and replace them with attached one.
If that helps - then i will talk to devs of TVE about correct implementation of this. if it won't - then i will supply you debug version with extended logging (logging of this part is a bit more complicated than i thought first).

Many thanks Vasilich! I will try this out first thing when I got home today afternoon. So basically, I have to replace the attached dll file in MP and MP TVServer, and restart EPG Grabbing (TV Server-> Manual Control-> Refresh EPG.
The characters should be correct with this dll or is there anything else I should do?

Fingers crossed!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
oops, sorry, uploaded wrong file.
Corrected the previous post, attached proper dll.
pls note that this code is based on MP1.5, so i am not sure if it will work on your 1.4

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
oops, sorry, uploaded wrong file.
Corrected the previous post, attached proper dll.
pls note that this code is based on MP1.5, so i am not sure if it will work on your 1.4

No prob, new file (TVLibrary.dll) downloaded:) I have switched to MP 1.5.0, so I believe it should be no problems with it.

Will post back as soon as I have tried it!

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
backup old TVLibrary.dll files in Program files\ MP and MP TVServer folders, and replace them with attached one.

Hi Vasilich!I have just tried out the new file you have sent me and I can confirm that UPC Direct Hungarian EPG character encoding is PERFECT! :) Thank you so much for your help, it is so good to have something perfectly working! I really appreciate your help on this. You can let the devs know about this that they could implement this to the main release!

I have done some further testing, and it looks that DigiTV (RCS Romania, provider for Romania, Hungary, Serbia and Slovakia) also has some problems with Hungarian characters encoding, the same problem as it was with UPC. To get as much encoding fixed as possible, I have also checked another provider, Polaris Media for Serbia, and I can confirm that Serbian character encoding is also wrong for Serbian (Latin characters). I'm afraid I can't check Slovakian and Romanian characters as I do not understand the language, perhaps someone else will do this if they find it wrong. Do you think you can also fix these as well?
I do not know what kind of information you need to implement the fix, please let me know how can I help you. Do you need to add all the providers to a specific character encoding type for each provider/transponder?

1)
DigiTV: http://hu.kingofsat.net/pack-digitv.php
Here you can check Digi Sport 1 HD Hungary for example. Perhaps they are using the same encoding as UPC, but I'm not sure.

2)
In case of Polaris Media, I have checked channels Arena Sport 1-2-3-4 channels. It is by Bulsatcom but for Polaris Media, but have Serbian audio and Serbian (Latin, not Cyrillic characters) for EPG. http://hu.kingofsat.net/pack-bulsatcom.php
The special characters are wrong here as well. For example: Košarka is displayed as Ko'arka.

English channel EPG is correct, of course for all providers.

Please let me know what information you need, or the above one should be enough?

If we have this fixed, I hope many other users who use Hungarian and Serbian providers will also benefit a lot.

Once again, big RESPECT for your kind help!

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi Vasilich!

Did you have any time to check my previous post? Do you think you can send a new dll where the above issues are also corrected, like in the case of UPC Hungary?

many thanks!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Do you think you can send a new dll where the above issues are also corrected
no, as i haven't managed to develop anything in the last 5 days :( Kids are taking more time than i expected :) But as soon as i have anything - i'll let you know.

Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Do you think you can send a new dll where the above issues are also corrected
no, as i haven't managed to develop anything in the last 5 days :( Kids are taking more time than i expected :) But as soon as i have anything - i'll let you know.

OK, no hurry at all, family always comes first, and time spent with kids are always and should be the top priority! I'm getting used to this idea as well, as we expect the first child this December:) By the time I will have a fully working HTPC, I will not have time to use it:) But who cares:)

I will wait patiently until you have some free time to deal with this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom