DVB-S EPG wrong character encoding for Hungarian language (2 Viewers)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
i have some problems to compile this at home, and here at work i cannot test it. But if you able/willing to test - pls use version attached. Backup original files, replace with files from attach, grab EPG for any language you assume there can be some encoding problems (Czech, hungarian, serbian, croatian, russian, whichever with diacrytics and/or non-latin symbols), and report back.
Mention also that this time i reverted changes from last test and did it at proper place (at least i hope so), so even things that worked in previous version can be broken.

Attachments

• TVLibraryTest2.zip
    258.8 KB

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
i have some problems to compile this at home, and here at work i cannot test it. But if you able/willing to test - pls use version attached. Backup original files, replace with files from attach, grab EPG for any language you assume there can be some encoding problems (Czech, hungarian, serbian, croatian, russian, whichever with diacrytics and/or non-latin symbols), and report back.
Mention also that this time i reverted changes from last test and did it at proper place (at least i hope so), so even things that worked in previous version can be broken.

Thanks for the new files! I have tried, copied both files, overwriting the ones in ProgramFiles\Team Media Portal\ and in TV Server, but with the new files EPG doesn't work at all. There is no EPG grabbing for any of the channels. I have reverted back to the files you have previously posted for UPC, and EPG is back, UPC's EPG has correct characters. but of course, DigiTV and other providers still wrong.

Last time you have posted just a single file, that worked. Perhaps this is the problem now as well?
I have a DM500 box, factory settings are wrong there as well for Hungarian EPG. The solution is a new encoding file, when I upload that to the box, EPG for all the languages are correct. I'm attaching this config file, perhaps it can give you some help in this. But i suspect that there are some issues with the files you have uploaded now, since no EPG is grabbed at all.

Let me know how can I help you and what to test! I will have free time this weekend, starting from tomorrow.

Attachments

• encoding.zip
    1.6 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
1. then i need first to get these files working with my home setup, to check EPG grabbing.
2. in this file for your STB there are some comments like
Bash:
#Fallback encoding when in dvb-text no encoding table is given
#Countycode ISO8859-X or ISO6397
hun ISO8859-2
pol ISO8859-2
rus ISO8859-5
bul ISO8859-5
ara ISO8859-6
gre ISO8859-7
tur ISO8859-9
for hun there is 8859-2 as fallback, and that just can't be correct as in my 1st patch i forced ISO6937 for hungarian disregard of encoding table, and that worked.
ISO6937 in NO WAY compatible with ISO 8859-2 in the part of diacrytics. I assume that this STB does something other that MP internally.

I'll come back when i rule out my home compilations.
BTW, do you plan to upgrade to MP 1.5?

Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
1. then i need first to get these files working with my home setup, to check EPG grabbing.
2. in this file for your STB there are some comments like
INI:
#Fallback encoding when in dvb-text no encoding table is given
#Countycode ISO8859-X or ISO6397
hun ISO8859-2
pol ISO8859-2
rus ISO8859-5
bul ISO8859-5
ara ISO8859-6
gre ISO8859-7
tur ISO8859-9
for hun there is 8859-2 as fallback, and that just can't be correct as in my 1st patch i forced ISO6937 for hungarian disregard of encoding table, and that worked.
ISO6937 in NO WAY compatible with ISO 8859-2 in the part of diacrytics. I assume that this STB does something other that MP internally.

I'll come back when i rule out my home compilations.
BTW, do you plan to upgrade to MP 1.5?

I'm not sure about ISO encoding, and I assume the STB is doing things completely different. I uploaded that file in case if it might help you.

I have updated my system specs, I'm using MP 1.5.0 final since the release of the final version.

- with default MP 1.5.0 install UPC provider EPG is wrong, but DIGI is fine (both Hungarian). If I remember correctly Serbian EPG is also fine with default install
- with the first patch you provided UPC EPG is correct, but DIGI Hungarian and Serbian EPG is wrong. I assume UPC and Digi are using different type of encoding for Hungarian language?
- the second patched set of files are not grabbing EPG at all

Hope this helps!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
- with default MP 1.5.0 install UPC provider EPG is wrong, but DIGI is fine (both Hungarian). If I remember correctly Serbian EPG is also fine with default install
- with the first patch you provided UPC EPG is correct, but DIGI Hungarian and Serbian EPG is wrong. I assume UPC and Digi are using different type of encoding for Hungarian language?
seems so. as i said, my 1st patch tried to apply ISO6937 to all data with HUN marker. Your tests just showed that i am on the right way :) and i just need to implement it properly, depending on encoding table bytes. 1st attempt has failed for unknown reason, but i will try to test it first locally at my PC. Unfortunately, i haven't found any free hungarian channels on satellites i receive from (Astra 19.2 and HotBird 13), so i can test it in polish channels only.

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
seems so. as i said, my 1st patch tried to apply ISO6937 to all data with HUN marker. Your tests just showed that i am on the right way :) and i just need to implement it properly, depending on encoding table bytes. 1st attempt has failed for unknown reason, but i will try to test it first locally at my PC. Unfortunately, i haven't found any free hungarian channels on satellites i receive from (Astra 19.2 and HotBird 13), so i can test it in polish channels only.

You are one a right path for sure, as the first patch fixed UPC Hungarian EPG :) For some odd reason, other Hungarian providers seams to use a different encoding, that is why the Hungarian EPG for DigiTV is wrong with the patch. Also, Serbian (Latin) is wrong. I do not know why are they using different encoding type, but UPC is the biggest and "strongest" sat provider in Hungary, while DIGITV has the most subscribers because of the prices, but they offer lower quality and less channels then UPC. I do not have a T-Home subscription (another Hungarian provider) so I can not check what are they using. But it very much seams like UPC is using some different encoding type, the one you have used in the first patch - as it is working fine.

I hope it can be done to have different encoding types for the same language. Just send me the file and I will check it!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
I'll try to modify TSWriter so that it will log EPG data including text encoding bytes, so we can see what encoding flags are set by broadcaster.
My idea was to implement complete DVB text encoding flags with appropriate decoding according to DVB standard (and i actually completed it, yet for some reason something different was broken), with the hope that broadcasters follow the DVB standard.

I have no idea with broken serbian though - my 1st patch just forced IEC6937 for HUN. The only possibility is that on these serbian channels EPG texts are marked as having HUN as language %)

Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I'll try to modify TSWriter so that it will log EPG data including text encoding bytes, so we can see what encoding flags are set by broadcaster.
OK, if you can do this, I will test it for you, and I hope it will show you all the information you need for a fix. Just let me know where to put the new files and how to collect the TSWriter logs.

My idea was to implement complete DVB text encoding flags with appropriate decoding according to DVB standard (and i actually completed it, yet for some reason something different was broken), with the hope that broadcasters follow the DVB standard.
The first patch was only one single file, the second one - which is not working for me, I do not know if you have tested as well - was two files. Perhaps I put something wrong somewhere?

I have no idea with broken serbian though - my 1st patch just forced IEC6937 for HUN. The only possibility is that on these serbian channels EPG texts are marked as having HUN as language %)
As I said, I'm not 100% sure if Serbian EPG was correct or wrong with default MP 1.5.0 install. I will put back the original files and check to see if characters are correct or not. It is possible that Serbian (and other then UPC Hungarian providers) are wrong with the first patch.
At the moment, the only thing that is sure that with the first patch, UPC Hungarian EPG is correct, while other Hungarian, Serbian (and probably Romanian, Czech and Polish, although I do not know any of these, so not able to check) are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom