DVB subtiles crash BBC HD (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi tourettes, looking at your svn post here, it seems that the problem may have re-arisen.

I'm really happy with 1.0 and don't want to start playing with svns again and would like to wait for the 1.0.1 release before upgrading. If there are still some problems with the DVBSubs on BBC HD, you may want to look into them. I can certainly offer a sample .ts recording if you'd like...please PM me if you do want an up-to-date sample from BBC HD.

If there is still crashing happening with the current SVN release then I'm interested to receive a .ts file that can be used to reproduce the issue.

It might take few weeks until I have free time to look at the issue, but I'll have a look on that as soon as I can.

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Tourettes,

I am currently running on SVN21306 [MP+TVE] and I still have the problem that BBCHD crashes if I switch on DVB Subtitles [teletext subs is not a problem]. As soon as I disable the option in MP configurator, BBCHD plays fine and MP doesn't crash.
    I see you were interested in obtaining a *.ts file in order to debug further. Any specific other needs? Just a plain recording of a BBCHD broadcast for 1 min or so? Do you also want logs of when the error occurs?

Regards,

Peter

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just a smaple .ts file that can be used to reproduce the crash, nothing more is needed. With the old file I cannot reproduce the issue.

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Tourettes,

I've got a sample file.... but it's about 180Mb in rar-format [one minute of BBC HD .ts stream]. You need at least a minute of sample as the error doesn't always appear immedately.
    Any ideas on how I can upload this or get it to you? I think the board is limited to 5Mb... :confused:

Peter
    :D

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Sorry to bother again... I feel like a real klutz... but is there currently a problem with the ftp server?
    I tried connecting through my browser, ftp in dos and Cuteftp. None of them are able to connect to the specified ftp-site.

Peter

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey Ho Rekenaar, way to go. I am on the ftp-site and uploading it as we speak... should take about an hour.

Hartelijk bedankt! :)

Peter

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

Just to confirm that I am seeing this error again (reoccurred in the last couple of days). Glad there is a sample .ts on the way, let me know if I can provide anything.

Thanks tourettes for looking at this. DVB subtitles in MediaPortal is great!

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    BBC HD Subs Crash

Hi Tourettes,

I loaded the sample file on the ftp server as requested. It is called "BBC HD Crash.rar".
    While investigating this problem some more, I have become even more confused as now I had it momentarily working :mad:

Anyway, if I leave "Enable DVD Subtitles" unchecked within MP Configuration/Television/TV Client/Subtitle Settings, I never have any crashes.
    If I check "Enable DVD Subtitles", then sometimes it crashes.
    The only way I can actually get the subtitles to appear is to select a preferred langauage.

This brings me to another issue... how can enable/disable subtitles within MP? I don't want to have to go to the configurator every time :rolleyes:.

I getting cross-eyed here :confused:

Anyway see what you can do and if you can get some feedback,

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom