DVB subtiles crash BBC HD | Page 5

Discussion in '1.0 final and SVN Builds' started by benjerry, January 2, 2009.

1. tourettes
    • Team MediaPortal

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Subtitles are always sent with a small delay, depends on the broadcaster (between, 0.2 seconds up to 5 seconds). So the first subtitle can appear only after that delay is met (as we don't have a time machine that would fetch us the subtitle bitmaps from the past, before the channel was tuned :D).

It aplies all the HD channels. There was a time window when no subtitle bitmap had still wrong size info and some optimization code was causing a crash.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Doctor
    • Premium Supporter

The Doctor MP Donator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Aha, very cool !

Thanks Pletskop and Tourettes for wringing out this error. It makes MP better and better and better.:D:D

4. mortstar
    • Premium Supporter

mortstar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Just a report back for the devs. Since the fix in recently released svn - DVB-subtitles are working perfectly on all channels including BBC HD, not had a single crash since upgrading.

Thanks so much for fixing this problem. WAF goes up another notch.

5. Pletskop
    • Premium Supporter

Pletskop MP Donator

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

Just to indicate that I also have had no issues anymore with the DVB subs on any channel!
    This is great!

Tx a lot!

6. musogeek1

musogeek1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i have the latest release version of mp (1.0) - i am holding back on using the svn's, but i a could really do with a fix for dvb subs/hd crash. i don't want to disable hd channels, but my wife likes to use subtitles as often doesn't hear the telly above our daughter! On my configuration, recorded programs use my dvb-t tuner (rather than my dvb-s tuner which has the HD channels on) as priority which doesn't use teletext subs. I know it is possible to go into the settings and disable dvb subs when an HD channel with dvb subs is viewed, but it is a bit long winded! - as the 1.0.1 release is delayed, is there a temp fix? - i tried the DVBSub2.ax file but it stopped me getting any dvb subs at all (so i guess it is for an svn release) I will be putting my donation in as soon as i can use this important feature, as apart from this- mp is top notch!

7. tourettes
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Unfortunately updating DVBSub2.ax is not enough, few things inside MP has been changed aswell. 1.0.1 release shouldn't be that far away.

8. Pletskop
    • Premium Supporter

Pletskop MP Donator

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
    Hi Tourettes,

Just a quickie.
    Could you confirm that the patch you provided to solve this problem is also incorporated in the new 1.0.1 release?

Thanks,

Peter

9. tourettes
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Yes it is.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!