[confirm] DVB Subtitles default on (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, i will look log :)
    Thanks and nope, the patch didn't touch about EPG Grabber part or i miss something, i just touch how graph (directshow is build).
    Seb :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey Seb

I seem to be having more playerfactory errors with v44 than before, particularly every time I first try TV after starting MP they seem to be happening.

The attached logs are from today when I had two player factory errors (i.e. TV played for a few seconds), then two or three failures to tune into the channel at all (appeared to have locked up, but eventually got "unable to find channel error") before I was eventually able to get the channel to play normally.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I didn't have any PlayerFactory problems all day yesterday, so it seems much better on that front :)

However, when I resumed from standby this morning, I got an error every time I tried to tune into a channel. Then I tried stopping the TVService and that just got stuck so I had to kill it with TaskManager. After restarting it, everything seems OK.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

Thanks for testing it :), yes i maybe find the culprit about playerfactory error, hope that it's ok :)
    About resuming, that part should not be affected by the patch and i see a lot of "StartHCW failed" error (remote it seems, not sure if it's related too).
    I didn't use standby/resuming so i can't say what happen. For sure on Single Seat (TVServer + MP) should not be goes to standby to be perfect lol (it's maybe powerscheduler issue then).

But good to know that no playerfactory error in last log :).

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah good work, looks like you caught the PlayerFactory culprit. Now lock him up for good ;)

I thought the other problem might not be related to your patch but thought I should mention it as it happened soon after installing the latest version. I'll have to try and track down the problem with HCW. It's wierd 'cos my remote is working fine and HcwHelper.exe is running, but I've always had problems with this component (it tends to crash when I close MP!).

It shouldn't be a PS++ problem, as I've set that not to go to standby and instead I use Windows Power options or do it manually. Unfortunately, I need to Standby the PC when not using it to keep my energy bills down and I like to use Hibernate when I'm going away but have scheduled recordings.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey Seb

I'm finding that after resuming from standby/hibernate (and maybe after a cold boot, but I'm not sure about that), when I start TV the render time is about 24ms and it's only giving 36FPS, which as you can imagine looks terrible.

If I switch from dual-screen to single-screen and back again, it works normally with render time around 2-4ms and 50FPS (I tested after just switching to single-screen and it works fine then as well).

Both my displays are running at 60hz now, so I don't know where it's getting 36FPS from!

I'm not sure what dshowhelper.dll I'm using though. I was using v0084_part_DWM but that has a date of 24-05-2011, whilst the one currently installed is dated 12-07-2011, so maybe I overwrote it at some point. If you think that might be the problem and v0084 (or some newer version) might fix it, please let me know. In fact, I'll go and install it now :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey,
    Good question lol, the best was to try :)
    What do you have @ the setting : Use screen.....
    Look @ the screenshot, we need to select the good screen where MP start, maybe it can help.
    When you wake up your PC MP was closed or not, because if not Windows goes to Monitor (default) and so maybe it the issue.

Attachments

• Monitor_selection.jpg
      Monitor_selection.jpg
      149.1 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey,
    Good question lol, the best was to try :)
    What do you have @ the setting : Use screen.....
    Look @ the screenshot, we need to select the good screen where MP start, maybe it can help.
    When you wake up your PC MP was closed or not, because if not Windows goes to Monitor (default) and so maybe it the issue.

Yep, screen selector is set correctly to my TV. At the moment TV doesn't work after resuming from standby (but a workaround has been suggested for this by 4Fred in my other thread, so I've been having to close and restart MP before watching TV after resuming anyway.

EDIT: It's actually to get the remote working that I have to restart MP for. To get TV working I have to restart the TVService.

I do leave MP open when suspending, but I've never had a problem with it going to my Monitor ;)

Anyway, I just tested after resuming with v0084 and didn't have the problem, so maybe that's fixed it :) I'll let you know if I see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom