[confirm] DVB Subtitles default on (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, I tried shutting down Process Lasso and running in single-screen and MP still locked up when I tried to start TV.

Then I tried disabling the remote (from MP config) as well and it worked then, but I don't know if that tells us anything as it works sometimes in dual-screen with remote enabled anyway. Hope there's something in the logs that helps.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I got a new LCD monitor today and I thought this would improve things with MP, as now both my monitor and TV are running at 60hz (before my CRT monitor was running at 85hz).

Strangely it seems to have made things worse though, as now the render times sits at around 3-4ms for a few seconds (it's a bit higher if I'm in Balanced mode, using CoolnQuiet, rather than Performance mode) before spinning up to about 29ms and then spinning back down and repeating. This is when MP has focus and previously I've only seen it increase to about 18ms when something else took focus. I'm still running v17 by the way.

Note there's probably some VERY severe stuttering reflected in the first logs, which happened when I ran the log collector whilst MP was playing (I should know better!)

I tried running MP without RadeonPro loaded (there's no MP profile still, it just uses the Global one) and then I checked CCC and saw that Deinterlace had changed from Vector Adaptive to Bob and Pulldown had disabled (don't know why, I didn't do this!) so I thought that might be the cause, but changing them back didn't help.

I tested in single-screen (TV only) mode, and I got a fairly steady 2.7ms with that.

EDIT: Wierd, after switching back from single-screen to dual-screen, it's OK again now!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I didn't know what happen :( it's really strange but for now i'm out of idea, i have look log but didn't find what happen.
    Seb.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,

I didn't know what happen :( it's really strange but for now i'm out of idea, i have look log but didn't find what happen.
    Seb.

It seems it was a one-off, as it's been fine since. I've updated to a new motherboard now (MSI 990FXA-GD80) but it still seems to be OK :)

As you know, the v43 you posted in the other thread totally doesn't work for me whereas the v17 is great, so are you still working on it and planning to release another version? It would be a shame if v43 gets made official, only for some users to find it causes problems for them, especially if v17 works for everyone :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    hi,

On v43 could you make another log ?
    I have to see the diff between v17 and v43 lol
    Ofc i'm working on it, i mean i have to look between version and if you can test it :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    hi,

Ofc i'm working on it, i mean i have to look between version and if you can test it :)

Sure, will do. I deleted all my old logs because of the security bug!

Do you have a suitable v17 log from me or do you need me to make another one of those as well?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    hi,

Do you have a suitable v17 log from me or do you need me to make another one of those as well?

If you can make both (it's v17 for 1.2.1 right and not my build ?) it would be nice :)
    And also with this v44 :)
    Seb.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    hi,

If you can make both (it's v17 for 1.2.1 right and not my build ?) it would be nice :)
    And also with this v44 :)
    Seb.

Yeah, v17 on 1.2.1.

OK, I'll make logs for both :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, I've attached logs from v17 and v44.

When I first tried v44 (on dual screen) the render times were very high (30ms but not spinning up and down like before) and TV very jerky, so I restarted MP on single-screen and it was OK, then I restarted on dual-screens again and it was OK. The CCC Deinterlace and Pulldown settings haven't changed since I set them last time.

No crashes or lockups though :) So I'll stick with v44 and keep testing.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,

Is there anything in your patch that would affect EPG grabbbing? At the moment, even though I've ticked "grabbing whilst timeshifting/recording" the grabbing stops as soon as I start TV (I've got dual-tuners and EPG grabbing is ticked on both) and never seems to restart.

Just thought I should check before reporting this as a bug :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom