DVBLink 5.5 (1 Viewer)

mtimmerm

September 20, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Currently I am using KODI and DVBLINK 5.5. In the past I used mediaportal but at that time no support for DVBlink was available. Does MediaPortal now support DVBlink 5.5? I really like to use media portal again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome

Does MediaPortal now support DVBlink 5.5?
    If you want to use DVBLink instead of MediaPortal's TV Server then the answer is no.
    You may be able to connect DVBLink to MediaPortal through MediaPortal's TV Server.

I'm curious: why do you wish to use DVBLink instead of MediaPortal's own TV Server?

Regards,
    mm

mtimmerm

September 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is just because DVBLink is running on Synology. This device is always on and I do not want to have an extra device on for 24*7.

OK. Then I stick with Kodi.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm waiting for better support for Mediaportal too.

Or Mediaportal supporting the Octopus.Net TV tuner... For now I'll keep using Kodi.

Did try Mediaportal 2 too, but that version is a bit sad. MP2 looks like a half product.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well that is good news. As from version 1.16 I noticed (without a patch).

Kodi is nice, but not as stable as Mediaportal for PVR and Live TV purposes. And some functions / features are not that easy to find / access / use for family members in my home (haha).

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think I was sleeping then haha.

But if it is supported, what is the 'Support can be improved...' part for it?

Is it only 'harder' to setup, but if it works it works stable? Or do I need to think of something else?

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll make a test setup. Can't wait to go back to MP :) Thanks for your prompt answers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good luck, I am really not too sure how well CAM and MP work together with any tuner. Just a thought would it not be cheaper to just buy another C1+ card then there would be no need to prioritise the tuners? BTW the TBS Deutschland website specifically states that C1+ cards are not supported but I think that is a local issue with the...
    Good luck, I am really not too sure how well CAM and MP work together with any tuner. Just a thought would it not be cheaper to...
    Hi, I have installed the MP2 server ion a Win11 server, for Swedish DVB-T2 channels with CAM/CI+. I have never used MP before, but...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom