DVBSky S952 - Any Comments? (3 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure if CAPTAIN_CESSNA has got his card or not yet but mine is still going strong no issues at all, i dont use diseqc but it does give me the option to enable it in mediaportal and as you say they power connector gives it extra juice if it requires it.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi gurabli,

I haven't received mine yet! The place I ordered it from were awaiting stock, so I can't comment yet unfortunately.

Hmm, I guess you placed the order in the same shop where I will, since they are also awaiting stock (been a while since they are waiting for it). I hope it will arrive soon.

BTW, DVBSky support told me that using the additional power connected to the card it should have enough power to drive the motor or/and multiple LNBs, switches, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1373456342][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Not sure if CAPTAIN_CESSNA has got his card or not yet but mine is still going strong no issues at all, i dont use diseqc but it does give me the option to enable it in mediaportal and as you say they power connector gives it extra juice if it requires it.

Excellent, I hope it will be a good card!
    A good PSU can provide much more stable and stronger power then a STB's built in cheap PSU would (even the better ones have quite poor power converters compared to a good quality PSU). Since this card has a power connector, the pcie slot and the mainboard will not be overloaded, but drain the power from the PSU directly. Those 400mA are nothing for a good PSU (350mA for a motor and something more for LNB(s)).

Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi gurabli,

I haven't received mine yet! The place I ordered it from were awaiting stock, so I can't comment yet unfortunately.

According to DVBSky support, the S950 should be available again in August. It will take some time to arrive to EU, and it depends very much if it is early or late August?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @gurabli I know we haven't explicitly written any code to make DiSEqC work, but it might work with the Conexant or Hauppauge code. So my point is: find somebody who has DiSEqC working before you commit to buy.

Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    @gurabli I know we haven't explicitly written any code to make DiSEqC work, but it might work with the Conexant or Hauppauge code. So my point is: find somebody who has DiSEqC working before you commit to buy.

Sorry, I'm confused now: are you telling that it is not sure that DiSEqC will work with teh S950 card (motor controll)?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I'm confused now: are you telling that it is not sure that DiSEqC will work with teh S950 card (motor controll)?
    The card supports DiSEqC - no question about that.
    The question is: does MP know how to send DiSEqC commands with the card. I don't know the answer to this question.

CAPTAIN_CESSNA

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi gurabli,

According to DVBSky support, the S950 should be available again in August. It will take some time to arrive to EU, and it depends very much if it is early or late August?

That's good to know... I was told mine would arrive within a week, which it hasn't done. I may just cancel my order and get another TBS, I've no idea why the seller wasn't honest!

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi gurabli,

That's good to know... I was told mine would arrive within a week, which it hasn't done. I may just cancel my order and get another TBS, I've no idea why the seller wasn't honest!

I do not know about the S952, I was talking about the S950 (single tuner version). Perhaps the shop will have it sooner using other channel. Ask them how much should you wait before you cancel the order!

CAPTAIN_CESSNA

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country

I do not know about the S952, I was talking about the S950 (single tuner version). Perhaps the shop will have it sooner using other channel. Ask them how much should you wait before you cancel the order!

Just contacted them, they're expecting delivery today so it should be delivered next week. Fingers crossed! My mistake on the model number!

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The card supports DiSEqC - no question about that.
    The question is: does MP know how to send DiSEqC commands with the card. I don't know the answer to this question.

I'm trying to get some info regarding the diseqc support of MP and S950/952, but nobody answered yet. What would be the reason for not supporting the diseqc functions on these two cards if it is working with TBS cards properly?

Anyone reading this, who has DVBSky S950 or 952 card and dish with a motor, can you confirm it is working properly under MP without any issues? I believe it would be a great help for many of us.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom