[further infos missing] DVD Mount (1 Viewer)

turtles321

Portal Member
January 9, 2011
I get syntax error in latest daemontools on win7 x64 when MP 1.3a trying to automount .iso, think they changed the syntax todo this.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you use the right driveletter for your virtual drive in MP Config?

coolio

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    I too have this issue. It definitely occurred after this latest update. Hopefully I can confirm this. I used a parameter grabbing program to capture this.

When using Mediaportal 1.2.3
    -mount 0,Z:\movies\DVD's\24HR_PARTY_PEOPLE_DISC_1.iso

When using Mediaportal 1.3 Alpha
    -mount scsi,0,Z:\movies\DVD's\24HR_PARTY_PEOPLE_DISC_1.iso

Seems Daemon tools have change there syntax for mounting ISO's???
    Upgrading daemon tools lite may help but I did try this and still had problems.
    Please not the line above as you need to point to the new "exe" if you upgrade.
    eg. daemon.exe does not exist. you need to point to dtlite.exe in the mediaportal config.
    Perhaps someone else can explain?? Hope this helps. (I am also x64 if it matters)

Regards

coolio

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Update.... I swung back to the previous version of MP, found I needed to downgrade my ver of daemon tools also, back to working. I again upgraded MP (1.3a) and daemon tools(4413) both time pointing the correct exe(daemon,dtlite). In 1.3A it is now mounting the ISO but never plays???
    I reboot MP with the ISO still mounted and it wont play? I will continue my investigation on the weekend as my girl and work are interfering (friday, errrr)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There have been code changes for 1.3Alpha (support the scsi & ide drive of Deamon Tools Pro).

According to your program, you tried to mount a scsi drive, which would explain the problem.
    But according to your logs, you seem to have the Virtual Drive Type settings set to 'dt', correct??
    Can you manually mount the .iso?

@Sebastiii you know this code part ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

For me i use like the screenshot and i have set a dt drive and not scsi one (with dt lite).
    :p

Attachments

• Daemon.jpg
      Daemon.jpg
      95.6 KB

coolio

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies, at the time I could mount it manually. Upon looking at this again i found that I had ticked "Use MediaInfo for DVDs" and perhaps I had not been patient enough because I was chopping and changing settings so quickly.
    During my investigations I did come across something strange and am curious if anyone else has the same issue.
    If I watch the progress of the DVD mounting in Windows Explorer I notice that it Mounts/Unmounts then remounts again and finally plays, this is adding a massive delay before the movie starts. The ISO is from a network share if that counts?

Regards

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It can yes and also if you have tools like anydvd etc. it can introduce mount/unmount/mount when analyse :)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was having the same issue whereby it was saying a bad syntax... after reading this thread I updated to their latest DT Lite (for my Win 7 x86 machine) and after deleting the scsi drive (since DT created both a scsi drive and a dt drive) and reassigning the drive letter (I use H: on drive 0) MP 1.3.0 ALPHA now mounts, plays and unmounts .iso files just fine!

I'm wondering if the "new" use of the drive type (e.g. scsi, dt, etc) in the command line isn't compatible with earlier DT versions? If this is confirmed a specific minimum version should be noted in the Wiki so folks will know they have to upgrade given the "new" feature allowing drive-types in the MP configutration application.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread