DVD Playback Issues (1 Viewer)

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

After installation of Moving Pictures Beta 3 no videos can be played anymore. Mediaportal easily freezes after starting any type of video and can't be closed, except by killing mediaportal.exe process. If I deactivate Moving Pictures there occures no error. After downgrading Moving Pictures Beta 3 to Beta 2, everything works fine again.

I tested this on 2 different Systems, one of them is fresh formatted and installed. One is working on XP the other on 7. Both systems have exactly the same error.

Could someone agree with this and maybe add the enhancement "compatibility to newest SVN" to the Bugtracker.

I'm going to upload my logs soon, when I'm at home.

jojo1411

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Video Playback Issues

This is very odd Jojo as Moving Pictures really has very little to do with video playback, we basically just hand a vide filename to MediaPortal and it completely takes over. Can you please post debug log files though from when you reproduced this issue?

And by the way anyone is free to create an issue on the bug tracker.

HTPC2010

Portal Pro
January 10, 2010

I got a question!
I update my moving pictures to beta3. Since than i cant play any movie.
When i go into MP, than select moving pictures -> i see all of my films. I can click also on the movie and get details, but if i wanna start the movie with enter,
it doesnt work. I can go back, select other movies but cant play any movie.
Please post logs over here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/video-playback-issues-77711/

What can i do to fix this problem?

Edit: i´m sorry, i read the logs and find it. My self-installed introvide isnt in the right format.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

So getting rid of the bad intro video resolved the issue?

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

I'm sorry but thats not my type of bug. Moving Picture not easily does nothing after starting playback. It completely freezes, only way to exit mediaportal is killing the process.

Here are some bug reports - hope they can help to understand and solve this problem!

jojo1411

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

Jojo, this is an issue with the latest SVN of MediaPortal. I recommend you roll back to a previous version of MediaPortal, this should resolve your issue. The latest MediaPortal SVN is not very stable and has some pretty major resource management bugs.

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

Okay, FForde. I've rolled back to Mediaportal Beta 2. There doesn't occure this kind of bug.

Thx for your help.

Alvinder

Portal Pro
May 19, 2006

Same thing is happening to me as well.

I uninstall and reinstalled mediaportal 1.0.2 and the movies are working again.

I will try to install moving pictures again and see if that is causing issues.

there is no error reported in mediaportal log except the following.

2010-02-12 23:28:30.578137 [Debug][MPMain]: GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item -1
2010-02-12 23:28:33.199287 [Debug][MPMain]: GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item -1
2010-02-12 23:28:34.629369 [Debug][MPMain]: GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item -1

Alvinder

Portal Pro
May 19, 2006

Ok guys i have reinstalled everything and moving pictures as well.

copied the database from the backup and thumbs.

everything was working fine. there was no media information about the movies.

videos were working fine at that stage.

Left it overnight and now when i go into moving pictures then all the media info is displayed.

But no video's are playing.

In the mediaportal configuration i disabled the movingpictures plugin.

Video's started working again.

Please advise what to do.

thanks
alvinder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom