nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: DVD Playback Issues

hi jojo,

i did a full clean new install of my whole pc including a new db for moving pictures... unfortunately still with the same error :(

nicx...

Alvinder

Portal Pro
May 19, 2006
Re: AW: DVD Playback Issues

I have installed mediaportal1.0 on top of 1.0.2.

After that i can play my dvd's again and its getting all the media info for the blu-ray movies(which is great).

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: DVD Playback Issues

hi fforde,

please could you help me with this problem? i did several new installs now without solution. i tried all 1.0 beta and rc versions, all with the same problem. i dont know what i could do.

thanks!
nicx...

i did some more tests... is it possible that the movie importer has problems with folders or filnames and special characters like "!" or "." in it?

nicx...

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How could you move the mediainfo.dll out of the mp folder?
    Just doing it (i.e. renaimng) resulted in a crash of mp during startup.

I had a similar problem: All worked well with the <1.0 Moving Pictures version. Using the latest rc of moving pictures resulted in a hang at start of playback.
    Interesting is that this is not only occuring when starting a film in moving pictures, but also any other video plugin (e.g. from My Videos, Anme plugin, TV series..). But no problem occures when starting rtsp for live video or when playback a recorded file. Playback of a .ts file within moving pictures hangs, though.

Reverting back to the <1.0 versions resolves the problem. - strange

Logfile until forcefully cancel mp shows:
    23-Feb-2010 22:43:52 Error [ MediaInfoWrapper]: MediaInfo processing failed ('MediaInfo.dll' may be missing): Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Update:
    After disabling automatic media info retrieval in the config, playback is working again in all plugins. Confusing is that this setting seems to propagate to all video plugins, so behaviour is not restricted to moving pictures alone.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Renaming a file, from mediainfo.dll into mediainfo.dll.old does not remove it properly. You need to remove the actual .dll reference, so mediainfo.old would have worked, but it is better to totally take the file out, move it one folder up for example, so you move (not copy) from:

"C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaInfo.dll" to: "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaInfo.dll"

And it should work. However most problems related to that have been fixed in MovingPictures and MediaPortal updates, and more updates are following (especially regarding DTS codec identification). So just keep that in mind.

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I had a similar problem: All worked well with the <1.0 Moving Pictures version. Using the latest rc of moving pictures resulted in a hang at start of playback.
    Interesting is that this is not only occuring when starting a film in moving pictures, but also any other video plugin (e.g. from My Videos, Anme plugin, TV series..). But no problem occures when starting rtsp for live video or when playback a recorded file. Playback of a .ts file within moving pictures hangs, though.

Update:
    After disabling automatic media info retrieval in the config, playback is working again in all plugins. Confusing is that this setting seems to propagate to all video plugins, so behaviour is not restricted to moving pictures alone.

I can second that moving mediainfo.dll out of the MP folder results in a crash during startup.
    I have the same issues with MovingPictures as yhoogi, although disabling automatic media info retrieval doesn't change anything. MP still freezes upon video playback in MovingPics as welll as My Videos. Logs attached.

Attachments

• MovPic.PNG
      MovPic.PNG
      73.7 KB

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Let me start by saying that I think this is one of the most valuable plugins for MediaPortal, that's why I am so anxious to get it to work. By this thread, it looked as if I was not the only one having playback issues. I am sorry if I haven't been able to scan all the threads in this forum, but is this issue resolved?

Thanks,
    Tomas

Provisional

April 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Had the same problem with the MovingPictures Plugin: every time I tried to play a file, MP crashed. What I did is delete the Media Source main dir (which contained 7 sub dirs) in MovingPictures plugin. I then proceeded to add just one sub dir instead of the main dir and voila, no more crashes. I then added one of the subsequent sub dirs and tested MP whether it crashed. This in the end led to one movie that was the culprit. After I deleted this movie, MovingPictures has been working just fine for me.

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have given up on Moving Pictures for now. I will wait until MediaPortal 1.1 RC2 and try and reinstall the latest MovingPics version. For now, I am unable to playback any movies (in MovingPics as well as My Videos) when I have this plugin (any version from 1.0 and beyond) enabled. As soon as I disable MovingPics, I am able to play all my movies in My Videos. I guess it is something at my end as it seems to work for most everyone else, but I sure could use some help tracking it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom