DVD TV Series? (1 Viewer)

jay_galway

Portal Pro
January 24, 2007
Hi Ive been using My TVSeries and let me say its an awesome plugin. Works great for files downloaded off the net.

However I have one issue, I cant seem to get it to work for DVDs that are TV Series, I have friends/Band of brothers etc, which are all DVDs that reside on my HD in directories named such as:

root\Friends\
root\Friends\Friends Season1
root\Friends\Friends Season2

When I run My TV Series it goes into the directory and tries to match the .VOB files etc.

My question is, is there a way for the plugin to just use the directory name, or do this only for DVDs?

jay_galway

Portal Pro
January 24, 2007
Ok no responses, Im gonna mess with the source code and add this myself :)

Im a programmer in my day job and cant be arsed to wait around heh

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Heh, sorry :)

And please, absolutely feel free to implement this yourself. Please let us know if you need any information and keep us posted so we can integrate your work into the main solution.

Inker

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Heh, sorry :)

And please, absolutely feel free to implement this yourself. Please let us know if you need any information and keep us posted so we can integrate your work into the main solution.

Inker

Has this been implemented yet ?

goin3d

Portal Member
    June 24, 2007
    i forgot to ask...has anyone tried manually inserting the iso information into the db3 file?

** update** i was able to insert the iso's in the db3 file with just enough info to perform an online sync of the series info...but unfortunately it all disappeared the first time media portal was started :/ anyone else have a similar experience or know if the plugin only allows certain file types on boot?

*** my last update for a bit *** the episode filename is the primary key in the local episode table....so i couldn't have 1 iso as the filename for multiple episodes :/

lemee know if anyone has found a workaround as this is an AWESOME plugin!!

BuUrMaN

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there any way to workaround the need of a "programmer" and make the plugin read out a text file if its a VIDEO_TS folder?
    Then we can fill up the text file with the episodes on that DVD?

Just wondering, im no programmer, I wish I was.. but maybe its possible to workaround this?

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This would be a great idea! But sounds hard to do for some reason though I'm not a programmer so I don't know :p

Bulla

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Did anyone ever get anywhere with this ? All my shows are split roughly equally between avi's and ripped vobs. It'd be nice to have the ripped DVD's show up aswell.

Great plugin by the way.

Bulla

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Heres an idea, although it requires a seperate program to work.

Install AviSynth and create a correctly named .avs file for every episode that is in the vobs. You can use this even if multiple episodes are in one vob file. Then just add .avs to the list of video extensions.

Heres the theory. AviSynth is a frame serving application. Basically you give it a source (or several) and can perform operations on it, such as cutting (this is why you can virtually cut out episodes from one vob file). The resulting .avs file (just a text file) is playable from any directshow player (such as MP). So you don't parse and play the vob files directly, but the .avs files which then go to the vob and hand the video/audio stream to MP.

A simple script would look like so ("D:\My Series on Vobs - 1x01 - Pilot.avs"):
    Code:
    DirectshowSource("d:\vobWithManyEps.vob")
    SelectRange(0,5000) // first ep in vob is in first 50000 frames

Note: I haven't tried this but I'm pretty sure it'll work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom