Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Community!

It doesn't work! I have tried it three days and ....... it doesn't work! :mad:

This is my file structure:

e:\tv serien\dr house\staffel 1\disc 1\VIDEO_TS\
    e:\tv serien\dr house\staffel 1\disc 2\VIDEO_TS\
    e:\tv serien\dr house\staffel 2\disc 1\VIDEO_TS\
    e:\tv serien\dr house\staffel 2\disc 2\VIDEO_TS\

What must i do, to get it work?

Sorry for my poor english!

Regards
    Helios

Clean

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Community!

It doesn't work! I have tried it three days and ....... it doesn't work! :mad:

This is my file structure:

e:\tv serien\dr house\staffel 1\disc 1\VIDEO_TS\
    e:\tv serien\dr house\staffel 1\disc 2\VIDEO_TS\
    e:\tv serien\dr house\staffel 2\disc 1\VIDEO_TS\
    e:\tv serien\dr house\staffel 2\disc 2\VIDEO_TS\

What must i do, to get it work?

Sorry for my poor english!

Regards
    Helios

Howdy Helios,

I tried Inker's suggestion above and it worked pretty well. I made a few changes to fine tune things and I think this offers a pretty flexible solution. To do this you will need the following proggies...

AviSynth
    DGIndex (aka DGMPGDec)
    VirtualDub

I know this seems complicated but DGIndex and VDub make this very easy and simple.

I will go through a sample using Sports Night - S1D2.

I ripped the DVD to my HDD and put in the path D:\DVD Rip\Sports Night - S1D2\VIDEO_TS\ which has the following files...

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB
    VTS_01_6.VOB
    VTS_02_0.BUP
    VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_0.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB

I load VTS_01_01.VOB - VTS_01_06.VOB into DGIndex and create an index file making sure to check "Decode AC3 Track to WAV" under Audio -> Output Method. These VOBs contain episodes 17 to 23 and the index file I create will be the file referenced in my AviSynth file.

I will create a template .avs file as I will only be changing the trim points from one episode to the next. I name the file Sports Night S1D2.avs and it contains the following lines...

LoadPlugin("C:\your path to DGIndex\DGDecode.dll")
    Video = mpeg2source("D:\DVD Rip\Sports Night - S1D2\VIDEO_TS\Sports Night - S1D2.d2v")
    Audio = WavSource("D:\DVD Rip\Sports Night - S1D2\VIDEO_TS\Sports Night - S1D2.wav")
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    #trim(startframe,endframe)

This is now my template which I can load into VDub. I copy the .avs file to the directory where my other individual TV Eps are stored and rename it to Sports Night - 1x18 - The Sword of Orion.avs and it contains the following lines...

Video = mpeg2source("D:\DVD Rip\Sports Night - S1D2\VIDEO_TS\Sports Night - S1D2.d2v")
    Audio = WavSource("D:\DVD Rip\Sports Night - S1D2\VIDEO_TS\Sports Night - S1D2.wav")
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    trim(30714,62925)

As you can see the only thing that has changed is the trim variable. Just copy the template again, rename, add the new trim values for the next episode and rinse and repeat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bulla

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Forgot about this thread but this parsing expression Regxp works perfectly

(?<series>[^\\$]*)\\Season (?<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\Episode (?<episode>[0-9]{1,2})(?:-(?<episode2>[0-9]{1,2}))?.*\\VIDEO_TS\\VIDEO_TS.IFO

File Structure is

TV Series\Season\Episode\Video_ts
    TV Series\Season\Episode\audio_ts

Obvisouly you need to rip your DVD's with something like DVD Shrink to split the episodes up.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Community, hello Bulla!

It doesn't work!I have ripped my TV-Shows with DVDFab. Each Episode has its own folder. This is my File Structure:

H:\TV Serien\Dr. House\Staffel 1\S01E01 - Schmerzensgrenzen\VIDEO_TS\files
    H:\TV Serien\Dr. House\Staffel 1\S01E02 - Falsche Geschichte\VIDEO_TS\files
    H:\TV Serien\Dr. House\Staffel 1\S01E03 - Das Ende danach\VIDEO_TS\files

Now i try it since 2 month, nothing works :mad:!

Best Regards

Helios

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I load VTS_01_01.VOB - VTS_01_06.VOB into DGIndex and create an index file making sure to check "Decode AC3 Track to WAV" under Audio -> Output Method. These VOBs contain episodes 17 to 23 and the index file I create will be the file referenced in my AviSynth file.
    Thanks for the rough guide Clean. Can I ask though, why do you need to decode the audio to wav? Can that audio not be pulled from the VOBs during playback?

Clean

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the rough guide Clean. Can I ask though, why do you need to decode the audio to wav? Can that audio not be pulled from the VOBs during playback?

The problem was you only get one video reference per AVS file so if your episode spanned two VOBs you would have to have an AVS for each. I have done some more looking and would suggest two plugins for AVISynth, the MPASource and NICAudio plugins found here. The MPASource will allow the use of MP3 audio files and the NicAudio plugin will allow the use of AC3 audio files. This tremedously simplifies the process. Now you can use DGDecode to create a .d2v file of each individual episode and you can demux the AC3 track for the episode. The resulting AVS file would now be

LoadPlugin("C:\your path to DGIndex\NicAudio.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\your path to DGIndex\mpasource.dll")
    Video = mpeg2source("D:\DVD Rip\Sports Night\Sports Night - 1x02 - The Apology.d2v")
    Audio = NicAC3Source("D:\DVD Rip\Sports Night\Sports Night - 1x02 - The Apology DELAY -243ms.ac3")
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    DelayAudio(-0.243)

Still, you must rip the audio out and dub it in separate. Be sure to remember that if you need to delay the audio to put the DelayAudio line after the AudiDub line. Things can get messy otherwise.

Let me know if there are any questions or if I have totally confused the situation.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    No, that makes sense. Thanks Clean.

It's a real shame you need to de-mux the audio though, doing this for The Sopranos has already added 6GB to my library, and that's only season 1!

Clean

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    No, that makes sense. Thanks Clean.

It's a real shame you need to de-mux the audio though, doing this for The Sopranos has already added 6GB to my library, and that's only season 1!

There is one thing I never even thought to do. If you ripped the Sopranos with DVDDecryptor then you can go into the settings and tell it to not split the files. You would need to do this in File Mode and IFO Mode settings. This will produce a single large VOB file. I never do this so it never occurred to me. Anyway, now you have only one VOB to reference in your AVS file so you do not need the DGDEcode. You can use the directshowsource line followed by the trim(startframe,endframe) line. Just throw it into VirtualDub to get your beginning and ending frame numbers for each episode and that should be it.

I am sure other ripping tools such as DVDFab and the like would have similar options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom