DVR-MS to MPG (1 Viewer)

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
This tips and tricks thread has recieved over 50000 views, I know the info saved my bacon last night, I really think it should be a sticky! Many thanks to the OP.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
Do Digital TV files converted to mpg from DVR-MS using the built in MediaPortal conversion function STILL need to be run through ProjectX OR does the conversion function take care of that?

Dick

September 24, 2006
I found the same routine

DMAN,

Great work! I have been looking for a reliable method of extracting MPEG2 from the DVR-MS files that Windows XP Media Center Edition creates. This method seems quick & almost foolproof. However there are a few differences between what you describe & what I found with my MCE files.

Firstly when I do 'Render Media File' I get a pop-up message that 'Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format' I click OK & get the following graph

dvr-ms-render1.JPG

So I have DVR Out 1,2+3 where 1 is audio & 3 is video & 2 is unused. These each then lead to a Decrypt filter. I discovered that I need to leave this filter in place & then add the 'Cyberlink MPEG Muxer' & 'Cyberlink Dump Filter' giving me the following graph

dvr-ms-render2.JPG

All of the half dozen conversions that I have done so far have been succesful except for one 6+GB file that stuck at 4GB. I wonder if there is some architectural limit of 4GB on the output file? I will find another large file & give it a go.

All I need to do to convert another file is to delete the first DVR-Out box & then select Render Media File again it adds in a few other filter boxes that I delete but is quick & easy.

I found the same thing with the filters as you describe in your posted graphs. However, I find that this method does't seem to get around the copy protection on the dvr-ms files. When attempting to 'play' the file (TV record from HBO) I get an error message that says "The graph could not change state" "(Return Code:0xc00d0bc1)" Have you had any success converting an HBO/Showtime/etc. file.

Dick

September 24, 2006
found the same thing with the filters as you describe in your posted graphs. However, I find that this method does't seem to get around the copy protection on the dvr-ms files. When attempting to 'play' the file (TV record from HBO) I get an error message that says "The graph could not change state" "(Return Code:0xc00d0bc1)" Have you had any success converting an HBO/Showtime/etc. file.

Retired2k

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Windows%20Media%20Error.jpg

Nope... I can play other, non-protected files on Media Player, but apparently I am only allowed to play protected files in Media Center.

Sorry, I didn't "get" what you meant earlier... Cyberlink Mpeg Muxer, Version 2.

And yes, same machine.
tnp

tnp

I have the very same issue as you have/had converting dvrms "protected" files to mpg's. Did you ever get an answer or have you filgured out a way to convert with or without Graphedit? I'm going to try to attach an jpg to this reply to show I get when using graphedit on a dvr-ms "protected" file. Which by the way I pay Direct TV to receive.

Thanx for any light you can shed on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom