Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All

I know this may be strange but i'm using latest cvs 17-2-2006and i have no problems compressing from recorded tv window, using mpeg2 or wmv setting all from within MP. Have not got xvid working yet any thoughts.
    PS Got loads of individual codecs installed thats why it works. NO Codec Packs or FFDshow too many side effects.

:?

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    From my understanding the Cyberlink MUX used by the MS-DVR convert in MP does not support AC-3 streams (at least earlier in this thread it is indicated that CL codecs don't support AC-3).

What I'm finding is that when using the MSDVR covert in MP files recorded off my analog card (MP2 audio) convert fine, whereas DVB files (wih AC3 audio) convert, but do not have any audio after conversion.

Is there any option for using the intervideo MUX within MP conver which does apparently support AC3 ?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Latest version included with SVN does.

DMAN

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Which SVN would that be? I had tried up to 22/06 without success.

One thing I did notice, while I could find the mpgmux.ax I couldn't find the cldump.ax, so I got a version that I had around from an earlier install. Could you post what the file versions should be to support AC3 ?

I'm on the road at the moment, so don't have easy access to get to my machine, so I can't say what mine currently are.

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Thanks DMAN.

I have mpgmux 5.0.0.1307 and cldump 3.0.0.3322 and converting an AC3 recording results in no Audio.

I will try to unregister them, search for any other registrations/older files hidden in the OS and try again.

toddbailey

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Pac NorWet
    Wouldn't it be easier just to modify the MP code to record mpg format by default. Personally I can't figure out why so many dvr app developer shops are jumping on the dvr-ms bandwagon. I see no advantage in using it. When I want to record a dvd thats compatible with a set top dvd play I have to manually convert the file to mpg just so a dvd creating apps record to dvd. Even with a speedy machine it's a long time consuming process or in other words a major pain.

Can some one tell use why we have to suffer with this format when mpg works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom