Dynamic Refresh Rate Issue (1 Viewer)

eclathtpc

Portal Member
December 8, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Avengers was a bad file to be testing with, it's a BD ISO file. I think that was a separate problem. I've since tried to reproduce the issue in VLC with a range of files, but it won't. Yet Mediaportal will experience the issue constantly with every file. Sorry for the confusion, my bad.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Avengers was a bad file to be testing with, it's a BD ISO file.
    Okay.

I really think that it has something to do with the dynamic refresh rate changer/system....
    Okay. This theory should be easy to prove or disprove: simply disable automatic refresh rate changing and see what happens.

For what it's worth, I can't understand how refresh rate changing could be at fault. I don't recall any changes being applied to the automatic refresh rate changing code for quite some time. Even if we had made changes, you haven't mentioned updating MediaPortal or changing any refresh rate settings at around the time the problem started. So then what could have caused it to stop working? The only thing that you've mentioned which seems relevant is the GPU driver update... and that's why I've been encouraging you to try rolling back the driver.

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think I've found something. You're right the dynamic refresh rate wasn't an issue. Noting that the GPU was likely the problem, I entered into MP Config and then the LAV video decoder options and changed Hardware Acceleration from NVIDIA CUVID to DXVA2 Native. I've been testing with multiple movies and so far the issue hasn't reappeared. I don't want to count my chickens yet but I'm hoping that fixed it.

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    CONFIRMED!!!!!! That fixed the problem, it was the NVIDIA CUDA Hardware Acceleration! Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for reporting the solution :)

I'm curious: were you previously using CUDA hardware acceleration without any problem?

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, was using CUDA for as long as I can remember. Years perhaps, It was a part of a Mediaportal LAV setup guide. It only became an issue recently, nothing else has changed in my settings, they've always been the same. Must have been something to do with a recent driver then? Strange coincidence that it started around the same time as I was fiddling with that additional video output and multi-monitor though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom