Dynamic refresh rate under Windows 10 (I've an Amd video card) (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New error starting MP video. same issue, I think that an automatic watch dog feature must be implemented into MP itseld to log operations every time.
    Because it's impossible to forecast an issue.
    Just set logging to Debug, and you'll be able to provide the logs needed. Only thing missing compared to WatchDog would be system event log (which you can check off course). ;)

MP Config >> Genreal >> Watchdog enabled - monitor crashes
    Might also help out.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There are no crashes only odd behaviour
    Then logging set to Debug should be good ;)
    When and where that is log saved?
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Log

There is no option to log a zip file every time I use MP. It doesn't care with or without crashes
    If you have logging set to Debug, it's logging a lot more information then default, but for debugging a problem, it's needed. The logs are .txt files, and you could zip the entire folder up and attach it to your post (for example).
    As said before, the only thing extra the Watchdog includes in the zip, are the system event logs. But even those could be exported manually and included in the zip.
    Or just attach a requested .txt to the post, and done ;)

But what you also could do is close MP, start the Watchdog, select the 2nd option (Report a Bug to a Plugin Dev or Skin Designer), and click 'proceed'. Then MediaPortal will start as normal and you can continue to use it. It your problem doesn't cause a crash, and you (eventually) run into it, after you recover (if possible) you can exit MP and then the zip will also be created and placed on your desktop.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    got an error

zip the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Log related file.

start a "the last ship" episode
    stopped
    start a "the blacklist" episode.

MP seems switched off to display 1 that was disabled always when MP start.

result: no video.

[2016-07-10 00:35:48,894] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Screen MP OnGetMinMaxInfo is displayed on changed from \\.\DISPLAY2 to \\.\DISPLAY1
    [2016-07-10 00:35:48,908] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Screen MP OnGetMinMaxInfo (changeScreen) change current screen \\.\DISPLAY2 with current detected screen \\.\DISPLAY1

as usual

I've the new "use only detected primary screen on start". when MP start the primary screen is "marantz-avr..."

Asus vs207... is disabled when MP start.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    new log

note that I've no active ignore resolution change option yet

in this case the DISPLAY1, that is no the primary one, was active at the moment of MP fault. the last time was disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom