Dynamic refresh rate under Windows 10 (I've an Amd video card) (2 Viewers)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    the configuration is this one

T2G3QQ8.png

but when start MP the Marantz-avr/plasma is primary screen because I switch the monitor before start MP and when closing it. marantz-avr became the primary screen and Asus the extended one (or I disable it).

So I now I use the new option "use only detected.."

The entries in the combo are not usefull , not anymore. The screen is only the primary one when MP is started.

The problem I got is the same , rembember the video I posted some days ago?

why these entries on the log? monitor0 , monitor1 . the monitor must be only the primary screen
    Code:
    [2015-10-04 13:05:44,209] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - CycleRefreshRate: Current MonitorIndex : 0 and current deviceName : \\.\DISPLAY2
    [2015-10-04 13:05:44,211] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - CycleRefreshRate: return new detected MonitorIndex : 1
    [2015-10-04 13:05:44,214] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - CycleRefreshRate: New MonitorIndex : 1 based on current deviceName : \\.\DISPLAY2

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I don't know why monitor0 and monitor1 but other can have the same log but i don't know why exactly, this is why we implement a code to correctly check the monitor for DDR.
    So now you are using : "use only detected.." MP should always start on Primary screen, the one you set just before starting MP :) and effectively the combo are not usefull and this is why i disable it when using that new option :p.

I remember the video, something wrong with W10 or ATI because screen seems to be removed/added or something :(

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Microsoft push a new Amd driver by Windows Update for Windows 10 yesterday. There was some kind of improvement about dynamic refresh rate because the transition it's effective only for the proper monitor (the plasma connected through the Avr). With the previous driver instead it was active also on the extended monitor (basically a screen flickering,)
    I'll keep you posted if it's related to the thread issue that wasn't occur again after all

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Branch updated when user didn't go first into MP config, the screen new setting was not written into mediaportal.xml and then null reference error can be detected on splashscreen.
    So the logic didn't change but i have added a fallback if setting is not yet created :)

Thanks to @HomeY and @regeszter to trigger the issue :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh i have found this thread, i have yesterday updated to 1.13 and will test it on evening, because by me the drc will not work for me. Than i post logs, when i have test it.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    New error starting MP video. same issue, I think that an automatic watch dog feature must be implemented into MP itseld to log operations every time.
    Because it's impossible to forecast an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom