Dynamic refresh rate under Windows 10 (I've an Amd video card) (3 Viewers)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    It's related to the dynamic refresh rate. I'm sure about that , During refresh rate seems the video became inactive, so MP try to resolve the problem changing with another. But remember there is some kind of changing with Windows 10 because I've no problem with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 either. The hardware was the same that I've now.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    From what i see in log :
    The monitor index to do the proper refreshrate need to be change (on live) it happen also for some user. The monitorindex is changed and all should be ok and if it was that part of code, then it should always happen.

[2015-09-26 11:44:47,607] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger AdapterOrdinal value is 0
    [2015-09-26 11:44:47,607] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - CycleRefreshRate: Current MonitorIndex : 0 and current deviceName : \\.\DISPLAY2
    [2015-09-26 11:44:47,622] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - CycleRefreshRate: return new detected MonitorIndex : 1
    [2015-09-26 11:44:47,622] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - CycleRefreshRate: New MonitorIndex : 1 based on current deviceName : \\.\DISPLAY2

I don't remember exactly why the monitorindex is not correct but it seems to be dependent to how we connect screen (for ex : DVI on first GPU output or on second and we set primary screen differently).
    So MP can detect that and ajust to do the proper refresh rate.

Does the analyse of the monitorindex trigger the second screen somehow and then MP react to the detection. But still MP should stay on first start screen.

And then this setting :
    upload_2015-9-26_12-43-3.png

Has no effect too ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    No, I alreary tried that setting but without success. But not used with the last releases, only the 1.12 official.

It's strange because the setting :
    "if (!_keepstartfullscreen)" if options is checked, the OnDisplayChange code is not trigger and then we shouldn't use it and displaychange shoudn't not happen.

Could you retry and force to trigger the issue and post log ?

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    No, I alreary tried that setting but without success. But not used with the last releases, only the 1.12 official.

It's strange because the setting :
    "if (!_keepstartfullscreen)" if options is checked, the OnDisplayChange code is not trigger and then we shouldn't use it and displaychange shoudn't not happen.

Could you retry and force to trigger the issue and post log ?

Offcourse ! but Imho this is not an adequate workaound. I've choosed that monitor in the setup, and now there is no doubt which is, and MP should not use any other device, never. My opinion

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe the good way, will be to not handle the windows notification when we select the MP start screen :)
    So aka the option lol

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've choosed that monitor in the setup, and now there is no doubt which is, and MP should not use any other device, never.
    The question seems to be what to do when refresh rate change causes the device/monitor to disappear from Windows temporarily. MP has to do something, and it can't use the device/monitor when it is not available.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will upload bin ASAP and see if it's better or not :)
    I will go out for the week-end, but i will surely be able to read answer on my phone :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom