Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (4 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try this version. It has a small delay between grabbing and copying the new files. Should not be notable to humans but maybe to computers...

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you, Lehmden; seems to be working for me as well. Haven't had a lot of time the last few days but downloaded your update and voila, scheduled pull was there this morning.

BTW I didn't mean to impugn your work, I was only asking the obvious layman's questions; my observations were not making sense to me. On that note, I had uncovered something I thought may have been responsible, but with this morning's successful download, I doubt it.

It involves the only channel I have with a special character (H & I). I have to reset it every time I open EPG Buddy. For some reason, the ampersand gets removed and the check marks for information requests go away, so I don't get channel info for that one channel unless I manually reset it every time I open the program. I thought that may be the culprit as the channel list gets downloaded first, but before I could investigate further, you came up with a solution. I vaguely remember Breese (and a few others?) having some issues with channel grabs a while back, but you resolved those.

Here are some screen shots from the other day if you're curious. EPG Buddy always opens with H & I selected, by the way.

Attachments

• EPG Buddy Main Opening.PNG
      EPG Buddy Main Opening.PNG
      31.6 KB
    • EPG Buddy Main First Selection.PNG
      EPG Buddy Main First Selection.PNG
      37.8 KB
    • EPG Buddy Main Back to H & I.PNG
      EPG Buddy Main Back to H & I.PNG
      35 KB
    • H & I Before.PNG
      H & I Before.PNG
      35.2 KB
    • H & I After Selection.PNG
      H & I After Selection.PNG
      35.3 KB
    • TV Server Mappings.PNG
      TV Server Mappings.PNG
      53.9 KB
    • TV Server Mappings After Manual Config.PNG
      TV Server Mappings After Manual Config.PNG
      54.1 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am not seeing this...
    Under Channels, does it show up as (H&I) or (H & I) ??
    Mine is WWME-LD, Chicago (H&I)
    mappings all work as expected

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    EPG Buddy always opens with H & I selected, by the way.
    This only should be true if this channel was the last you've selected before. Normally nothing is selected when you open the TVGuide tab for the first time after program start.

special character (H & I
    It is "normal" that the & is not displayed in the right area. It's a codepage issue and would need very much effort to fix. As this only is a cosmetic issue it's not that important. But the mapping inside MP or the settings should not be influenced by this. Here we have a station named "A&E" that also is displayed as "A E" in the GUI but all the rest is working as it should because the channel is listed in the database as "A&E"...
    When i start EPG_Buddy and go to TVGuide tab I see this:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Once I've select H & I I see this:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

All is working as it should excerpt for displaying the & in the right area, only cosmetics...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    FYI, I'm recently working on a new version where the "&" issue should be fixed too. I'm not completely done so I can not give a release date now, but I think it won't last too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom