Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (6 Viewers)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I do not know how else to explain this but will try One more time...

Today,
    EPG-Grabber.log
    [2017-07-17 03:00:00,782] [INFO ] [START ] [0 ] ApplicationCore: Programm : EPG-Grabber
    [2017-07-17 03:03:35,477] [INFO ] [MAIN ] [99 ] Done after 214 seconds.

EPG 01.jpg

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I just cleared all the logs
    Removed the current schedule
    Changed the time to 3:42am
    Added a new scheduler

Will see what happens tonight.

btw: I see No activity on my server related to EPG or a command prompt...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    To me it looks OK, at least the EPG-Buddy part. The grabbing was started at 03:00 AM and the "raw" data download from tvguide.com was finished at 03:03. As you've cleared the cache too the next step (compare data with TVDB) takes about one and a half hour. This is normal and will decrease very much the next days. The results from TVDB are cached and must not be downloaded over and over again. Only changes are downloaded the following days so the enrichment takes much less time. The whole process was finished with creating the "done" file at 04:32 AM. At this time (in between one minute) the MP2 Server (or TV server for MP1) must show activities in its logs showing xmltv plugin importing new data...
    To compare, the whole process (data download, enrichment and import into MP2 database) for my 60 channels takes about 20 minutes with a proper filled tvdb cache...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see No activity on my server related to EPG or a command prompt...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

This is how it should look like during EPG data generation. (It's from my recently running scheduled daily EPG grabbing)

"Grab-EPG Helper Tool" is the .exe that is started by the schedule and coordinates all activities of "EPG-Grabber", the command line tool that is doing the "core stuff", data download and enrichment. As EPG-Grabber is controlled by CLI parameters it needs to be called separately for every EPG source (tvguide.com, webgrab, tvspielfilm,...) and activity.
    It would be hard to plan schedules depending on each other especially if you don't know how long the previous task needs to finish. For this the helper tool is there so the schedule only need to run a single task without any parameter for getting the complete EPG...

As EPG-Grabber is called more than once it can disappear from the task list and come back again. This is no issue and is as planed. But the Grab-EPG helper tool needs to run the whole time.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    The whole process was finished with creating the "done" file at 04:32 AM.
    Look at the DATE on the Done file....
    EPG.jpg

At this time (in between one minute) the MP2 Server (or TV server for MP1) must show activities in its logs showing xmltv plugin importing new data...
    Nope.... Never started because the Done file is not changed.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, did not see this, as I'm used to a different date format...
    If the "TVGUIDE_1" file is created and the "done_1" file isn't, then TVDB has not respond...
    You can test it by completely disabling TVDB access ticking "TVGuide.com - Never load series data from TVDB?" in the EPG-Data > TVGuide.com tab. If it is working then (without season and episodes numbers of course) it definitely is a TVDB issue. If not then @lightshock need to have a look at this...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    You can test it by completely disabling TVDB access ticking "TVGuide.com - Never load series data from TVDB?"
    Just made this change but I am not sure its going to help....

Can I assume there is nothing in the Grabber code that allows for TVDB that has not responded?
    What is in the code that allows the Grabber to exit? Would the TVDB not responding cause a Huge wait time and cause the Grabber to stay open / running?

I also do not understand why I do not have this problem when running in Manuel mode...
    That always writes the Done file

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also do not understand why I do not have this problem when running in Manuel mode...
    I also can not understand this as the code is 100% exact the same. It is totally impossible that it has something to do with automated or manual run. The grabbing (no matter if tvguide or tvdb) is done by EPG-Grabber exe. And this exe does not have different modes if run in schedule or manual mode. It even has no way to identify how it is called.

Telling me that there is such a difference is the same as telling me your car would run 150 miles per hour when you have used the spare key (as the manual mode is not the regular use case) to unlock the door. But if you use the main key (the scheduled mode) to unlock the door it only runs 20 miles per hour. This is exactly what you are telling me here. Really hard to understand...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    The grabbing (no matter if tvguide or tvdb) is done by EPG-Grabber exe. And this exe does not have different modes if run in schedule or manual mode. It even has no way to identify how it is called.
    I can only tell you what is and is not happening and what I have described is accurate.
    If there was more I could tell you, I would include it.

Is there a Debug Mode? Something that might help figure out why the 2nd run is not happening?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm sure that you've told me all you are aware of...
    I will add some wait loops into the tool, maybe it simply is a timing issue as in manual mode the CLI has to be shown and in automated mode it doesn't. Maybe in half an hour I will upload a test version...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom