Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

piscdi

Portal Member
March 17, 2017
Minot, Maine
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Lehmden,

Thank you again for all your hard work; it's day two with your latest version and all is well. The ampersand issue is, as you so ably put it, cosmetic. I only mentioned it because I thought it might be responsible for the issue Breese and I were experiencing. Its great that you are working on a fix for it, though; really speaks to to your professionalism.

I have discovered a small issue that again, I have no explanation for; it seems to have appeared since your fix. Some of the downloaded guide appears to be in German (its been many years since my high school German classes, but on this I'm fairly sure ;)). It appears to occur only in the program titles, not the descriptions. And it appears not to be skin related as I see it both on the server sporting the WMC skin and a client running BV Titanium. This one is a little more than cosmetic as it effects the recording schedule. Gunsmoke was scheduled to record at both 1 pm and 1:30 pm, but due to the renaming, the 1:30 won't record. That's actually how I discovered this issue. Screen shots follow.

BTW To Breese' question about the actual naming of the H & I channel, yes, that is indeed how it is named as you can see by the screen shots below.

Oh, one last question, Lehmden: are you still working on a Schedules Direct module for EPG Buddy? Just curious.

Have a great weekend, all.

Attachments

• German Guide 2.PNG
    German Guide 2.PNG
    704.2 KB
  • German Guide 3.PNG
    German Guide 3.PNG
    865.5 KB
  • German Guide 4 on Client.PNG
    German Guide 4 on Client.PNG
    843.7 KB
  • H&I Channel List.PNG
    H&I Channel List.PNG
    51.7 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    appears to be in German
    Oops, seems to be a missing setting. :oops: You're right it is German. Next version will have this setting, promised... In meantime you can correct this with a SQLite Tool (like SQLiteExpertPersonal, it's free and easy to use) yourself. Open the database file "EPG-Buddy.s3db" in SQliteExpert (or similar) and find table "EPG_GRABBER_SETTINGS" There is a row with "Language", normally it's the first row. The value after the language is probably "de". This you need to change to "en" (for English language) or any other language code supported by TVDB.

Astonishing that no one else saw this before. As I'm using "de" all was working as it should. So I didn't notice this but everyone not grabbing in German language must have seen this, I'm sure... Most likely this didn't show up too often as English is the "fallback- language" if nothing could be found in the given language.

are you still working on a Schedules Direct module for EPG Buddy?
    The planes are still there but as tvguide.com is a free (and good, I hope) alternative the priority isn't too high atm. Aside this we both don't have access to SD, so any development wouldn't be too easy.

the log file from this morning.
    It's looking pretty normal.

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    Hi Lehmden,

You were right, that was easy. The schedule shows correctly now :D.

And thanks for turning me on to SQLiteExpertPersonal.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New Version 0.4.1.8 in first post. Aside some bugfixes there is a new setting for used metadata language while comparing with TVDB. You now can choose between all languages available on TVDB. If nothing is found in your language, English is used as "fallback" language.
    And WebGrab+Plus is upgraded to V2.1. For this you need to redo your WebGrab configuration once. Without renewing your configration WebGrab did not work any more from within EPG-Buddy...

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just want to thank you guys for the latest fixes has been pretty good for my system 90% correct and maps nice and easy can't complain 1125 channels two providers . The slight delay you put in there seems to have fixed the issue i was having before . looking forward to testing this version thanks again you guys for your hard work !!

phreich

August 12, 2017
    Home Country
    Hi,

I am hoping the developer Lehmden will read this.

I can't get the process to work -- the epg-grabber is abending in the second of the three command windows.

Although it continues to the next window once I click okay to close the program, it does not build a good xml file.

Attached is a screenprint of the abend.

I downloaded the latest version from the end of the first post.

Thanks,

Philip
    2017-08-12 15_00_12-Clipboard.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Do you use WebGrabPlus+ from inside EPG-Buddy? And if yes, did you configure it right? WebGrab is a lot more complicated to configure as the other direct supported sources. This error happens while trying to enrich the EPG- data that was downloaded before by WebGrab. And normally this is caused by a not responding TVDB server, means the download of metadta for a show didn't succeed. But not this time. Here it looks as if something is clearing or blocking the temp- folder while it is in use. I don't know what to do as without those temp files the process can not run successfully. Just for testing, disable WebGrabPlus+ as EPG source and try if the "rest" (tvguide.com and similar) is working normally.

In general, WebGrabPlus+ is the most complicated and the slowest of all ways to get EPG data. But it covers much, much more websites and channels than anything else. Normally WebGrab should be used only for very few channels not covered by the "regular" sources. Personally I'm using WebGrab for two channels I wouldn't get EPG anywhere else...

DexDeadly

September 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Hello, so I'm having trouble getting this to pull anything for me. I'm using tv.com and the webgrabber. I followed the instructions per setting up the .ini and the cookie file. Both are there, the channel list gets generated. however I am getting no guide data at all. Is there somewhere that I can check to see if the data is actually downloaded first? When the DOS box comes up I see a bunch of i for the progress but thats about it. I'd really love to get the EPG data.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I am hoping the developer Lehmden will read this.

I can't get the process to work -- the epg-grabber is abending in the second of the three command windows.

Although it continues to the next window once I click okay to close the program, it does not build a good xml file.

Attached is a screenprint of the abend.

I downloaded the latest version from the end of the first post.

Thanks,

PhilipView attachment 192295

Recently I had the same problem. It is not directly a clearing or blocking problem of the temp directory. My WebgrabConfig-file was faulty, I had a channel two times in the config. So if someone has the same problem, take a look in the webgrabconfig file if there appears a channel two times.

I have still one strange problem. In my config file appear channels which I first selected and then deselected. Always when I generate the config file, the channels still appear in the config file. It happened since I updated EPG-Buddy. I have to delete them manually in the config file. I also deselected that EPG-source but it still appears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom