Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

Sameritan

Portal Member
November 29, 2017
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi guys
I need help with epg budy. 183 channels loaded and 0 program loaded.
here is a log file. Thanks in advance.

Sameritan

Portal Member
November 29, 2017
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thank you for your kindness.
I did as the instructions says but still having problem. I don't know if it is because of the Epg Buddy version 0.4.1.8.
here is a log file.
Be glad if any body can help.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Finally the new version 0.4.2.5 is available in our repo. It has lots of new features like database support for ArgusTV and the possibility to run a task after the EPG- grabbing e.g. for Rex post- processing. You now can configure the output folder and the file names for the resulting XML files to better match your environment and needs. As the output of the program changes like you've configured it, you better re-check the configuration of EPG-Buddy and your TV Server...

EPG-Buddy now has a new design, kindly provided by @ge2301 .

Also a full manual in English and German language is included as a PDF file. You can reach it inside the main program via the "?" menu or directly from inside the EPG-Buddy installation folder in sub- folder "Doc".

Alexh

Portal Member
    October 30, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,
    I'm using EPG Buddy with TvGuide.
    I see my local San Francisco OTA channels in the EPG Buddy tvguide list. When I grab EPG now in the EPG Buddy app, I see the programs download in the dos window, it appears to be the OTA guide as I did set up for OTA at tvguide.com..
    However, in the MP2 tv setup - plugins - XML TV - General when I force import I see 151 channels imported but no programs imported and i have no guide in MP2
    My TV scan in MP2 was successful as I can watch TV and the channel names are present.

Is the problem likely that EPG Buddy cannot match the guide data to the channel name from the MP channel data base?
    I assume I can match them manually but wanted to make sure before I try it.

Thanks

Attachments

• epg.jpg
      epg.jpg
      128.9 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I assume I can match them manually but wanted to make sure before I try it.
    You can verify the map status in the TV Configuration. Missing mappings need to be created manually. Don't forget to save before you leave the screen.

Alexh

Portal Member
    October 30, 2016
    Home Country
    The auto mapping should work though? I used Schedules Direct with MP1 and no issues.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    First, you're using an older version of EPG-Buddy. This is not the reason for your issue but as you need to do some configuration work you better do it with the latest version. Download link is in first post...

The channel mapping always has to be done inside the XMLTV plugin. This mapping tries to match the channels based on the channel names used in the xml file. Matching by channel numbers is not supported.

EPG-Buddy tries to help as you can name the channels in the XML file exactly as they are named in the TV Database. Then the XMLTV plugin has no issues with the automatic matching. Any EPG data source is providing different channel names as the TV server uses. TV server uses the name as aired with the channel itself. E.G. a channel aired in HD often has the suffix "HD" like "Fox" and "Fox HD". The EPG data provider only delivers EPG data for "Fox" as the programs are identical. But for a computer "Fox" and "Fox HD" are two completely different things. Computer are stupid, extremely stupid. So someone (means you) needs to tell the computer that he should use the data for "Fox" as data for "Fox HD" This is done with the mapping inside the XMLTV plugin. But if you use EPG-Buddy you can name the data for "Fox" as if the data is for "Fox HD". Now the stupid XMLTV plugin can find the data without you telling it what to do...

This is valid for tvguide.com too and the reason why you need to match the data with the channel in the TV server. You can do this in EPG-Buddy as you need to configure some things there nevertheless or you can do it later in the XMLTV plugin. It did not matter where you do it but you have to do it for sure...

As I can see in your screenshot you have not altered the names inside EPG-Buddy at all then you need to match them in the XMLTV plugin.

Alexh

Portal Member
    October 30, 2016
    Home Country
    My bad, I missed this in the instructions, thanks for your reply.

Next is the recent name used in the resulting XML file. This name is important for automatic matching in XMLTV plugin of your TV server. This name will be replaced with the name from your TV database if you select a name in the dropdown list below with every channel- name available in your TV database. If “-----------” is displayed nothing will be altered. If the name in the XML file and in the TV database are identical the automatic matching inside your XMLTV plugin will be work 100% without any manual correction later. Below you can set how many days this channel should get EPG data for. Zero means no data is loaded at all. This only is available for TVSpielfilm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom